Treatment: Real-time Ultrasound Imaging (RTUI)
Real time ultrasound imaging is widely accepted amongst physiotherapists as the gold standard in teaching and training the deep muscles of the trunk and lower back. It involves the use of a diagnostic ultrasound machine placed over the deep muscles while the client is asked to contract a specific muscle.
Benefits of real-time ultrasound imaging:
- clients are able to visualize the activation or inactivation
- provides immediate feedback which will accelerate learning
- clients will be able to objectively measure their progress
- increase clients’ motivation and compliance
- Specific assessment. We are able to assess in functional position (e.g. if getting up from sitting is painful, we can check the stability in that position).