Real-time Ultrasound Imaging (RTUI)
Real time ultrasound imaging is widely accepted amongst physiotherapists as the gold standard in teaching and training the deep muscles of the trunk and lower back. It involves the use of a diagnostic ultrasound machine placed over the deep muscles while the client is asked to contract a specific muscle.
Benefits of real-time ultrasound imaging:
- clients are able to visualize the activation or inactivation
- provides immediate feedback which will accelerate learning
- clients will be able to objectively measure their progress
- increase clients’ motivation and compliance
- Specific assessment. We are able to assess in functional position (e.g. if getting up from sitting is painful, we can check the stability in that position).
Related and Popular Articles
- Snapping Ankle - Physiotherapy
- Labour Epidural Cause Chronic Backache?
- The Best Exercises for Trochanteric Bursitis
- Posterior Pelvic Pain (Sacroiliac Joint Pain) in Pregnant Women
- How do I know if I have scoliosis?
- Diastasis Recti Abdominis - Conditions
- Cobb Angle and Scoliosis
- Maybe it isn't Plantar Fasciitis but Heel Fat Pad Syndrome
- What to do when your back hurts so much that you can't get out of bed?
- Multifidus - Smallest Yet Most Powerful Muscle
- Nerve Stretches
- Shoulder Pain - Frequently Asked Questions
- 'Clunking' Shoulders - Part I
- Waking up with neck pain? Find the right pillow.
- Not All Pain In the Back Is Back Pain - It Could Be Rib Pain
- MCL strain not getting better? Because it is Pes Ancerinus Tendinitis.
- Slipped Disc in Singapore - What to Do and Avoid
- Better to break a bone than to tear a ligament or tendon
- Knee Joint & Ankle Pain - Specialist Treatment in Singapore
- Acromion Clavicle Joint - Another source of shoulder pain
- Sway Back No More
- Knock Knees - Can I reverse it? (Part 1)
- Sway back posture: A leading poor posture type causing back pain
- Posterior Capsule stretches