Core Concepts Awards SIT Book Prize
Core Concepts Awards Book Prize in Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy (Spine)
Core Concepts is proud to announce the Core Concepts Book Prize in Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy (Spine) to be awarded by the Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT).
26 October 2016, Singapore – Working in conjunction with SIT in their undergraduate programme, The Core Concepts Book Prize in Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy (Spine) is established at SIT to inspire Physiotherapy students to seek greater heights of academic excellence.
Being the leading private physiotherapy group in Singapore, Core Concepts has always adopted the principals of partaking in the activity of education and imparting knowledge and skills; be it to our patients seeking treatment or to our colleagues within the organisation or in the healthcare sector.
Core Concepts’ philosophy in treatment is not simply seeing the problem through possible solutions, but rather with the understanding of a patients condition; approaching each case with no pre-conceived ideas on what the problems are, Core Concepts has the ability to treat patients better, faster is first and foremost dependent on their ability for effective observation and analytical skills of a patient’s condition. Core Concepts prides ourselves as “The Thinking Therapists”.
By participating in this meaningful programme, Core Concepts hopes to instill the same vision and values in how we treat our patients to the receiver of the book prize. This book prize gives Core Concepts an opportunity to give back and recognise the effort of a future member of the Allied Healthcare community.
What does Core Concepts say:
Ms Sylvia Ho, Senior Principal Physiotherapist with Core Concepts is delighted and shares: “Core Concepts is both honoured and happy to be part of the physiotherapy students’ learning journey in SIT, and to continue to contribute to the progress of physiotherapy in Singapore. We look forward to more collaboration with SIT in the future together.”
About the Award, eligibility and selection:
Undergraduates pursuing a full-time degree programme in Bachelor of Science with Honours in Physiotherapy at SIT and have achieved the highest aggregate score in Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy (Spine) Module will be eligible to win this Prize. This Book Prize will be awarded annually from Academic Year 2018/19 onwards. Prize winner will receive a Certificate and Cash Prize of SG $1,500.
About Core Concepts Physiotherapy Group – The Muscle & Bone People: Established in 2003, Core Concepts is the largest private physiotherapy group in Singapore with a team of specialist physiotherapists, occupational therapists, sports trainers and pilates instructors. In addition to providing home base therapy, talks, workshops and corporate workplace health consultancy work, the group operates 7 clinics centrally located across the island.
To find out more about the award, visit SIT here
- When to Worry About seeking Back Pain Treatment and When Not To
- Best Ways To Avoid And Treat Tech-Neck Symptoms
- Physiotherapy Treatment for Posterior Pelvic Pain
- Techniques to Ease Neck Pain On Your Own
- How Can a Physio Help With Back Pain?
- Experiencing Neck Pain? Physiotherapy Helps Neck Pain Conditions
- An Ankle Sprain And A Fracture?
- Experiencing Shoulder Pain? Physiotherapy for Shoulder
- Ergonomical Problems Like Back And Neck Pains Cost Singapore $3.5 Billion A Year
- Neck Pain – When To Worry and When Not To
- Physiotherapy for Back Pain in Pregnancy
- Experiencing Foot Pain? Physiotherapy for Foot Pain
- Physiotherapy for Diastasis Recti Treatment
- Why You Should Go for Cycling Physiotherapy
- Tennis Elbow: Mobilisation With Movement And Exercise, Corticosteroid Injection, Or Wait And See. Which Is Faster?
- Doctor or Physio – Who Should You See?
- Back Pain And The Rib Cage: A Case Study
- Your Knees Shouldn’t Hurt in Old Age
- Ultrasound Therapy, Imaging, And Shockwaves
- Battling Bad Science At Core Concepts: Quote By Dr. Ben Goldacre