As part of Functional Wellness, Workplace Health or Office Ergonomics is a crucial step towards preventing musculoskeletal problems.
Workplace Safety & Health
The World Heath Organisation has advised that the workplace, along with the school, hospital and marketplace, has been established as one of the priority settings for health promotion into the 21st century. The idea of the health promoting workforce is becoming increasingly relevant as more organisations recognise that success in the marketplace can only be achieved with a healthy, qualified and motivated workforce.
Back Pain Epidemic
In the 2012 Global Medical Trends study by Tower Watson, Musculoskeletal/Back Condition is No 5. in the Global Top Conditions that cause the highest prevalence of medical claims. It is often caused by ordinary work activities such as sitting in an office chair or heavy lifting.
Applying ergonomic principles – the study of the workplace as it relates to the worker – can help prevent work-related back pain and back injury and help maintain a healthy back.
The aim of an ergonomics program is to adapt the workplace to a specific worker, dependent on the job description, required tasks, and physical make up of the employee performing those tasks.
Core Concepts has a list of health programmes that includes talks, on-site assesments and evaluations. We can also tailor customised programmes to suit corporate needs in various industries.
- Workshop and seminars
- Ergonomic Site Assessments
- Musculoskeletal Health Screening
- Functional Capacity Evaluation (FCE)
Core Concepts is a Health Promotion Board listed health promotion service provider. For enquiries on workshops, seminars or for customised programmes, kindly email us at email@example.com or call us at 6226 3632.
Learn more about Workplace Health
- Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA)
- Advance Micro Devices (AMD) Singapore
- Amkor Technology Singapore
- BHP BIlliton
- Chinese Swimming Club
- Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore
- Club HDB
- DBS Bank
- Ecquaria Technologies Pte Ltd
- FujiXerox Singapore
- Health Promotion Board of Singapore
- Infocomm Development Authority
- Intel Technology Asia
- ILOG (S) Pte Ltd
- Jebsen & Jebsen
- Kodak (Singapore) Pte Ltd
- Mediacorp Singapore Pte Ltd
- MENSA Society
- Metro Singapore
- Ministry of Finance
- National Institute of Education
- National Library Board
- Rotary Club
- Schindler Lifts (S) Pte Ltd
- SembCorp Parks Management Pte Ltd
- Singapore Institute of Management
- Singapore Swimming Association
- Singapore Zoo
- Timberland Asia Pacific Pte Ltd,
- World-wide Shipping Managers Pte Ltd
Related and Popular Articles
- Snapping Ankle - Physiotherapy
- Labour Epidural Cause Chronic Backache?
- The Best Exercises for Trochanteric Bursitis
- Posterior Pelvic Pain (Sacroiliac Joint Pain) in Pregnant Women
- How do I know if I have scoliosis?
- Diastasis Recti Abdominis - Conditions
- Cobb Angle and Scoliosis
- Maybe it isn't Plantar Fasciitis but Heel Fat Pad Syndrome
- What to do when your back hurts so much that you can't get out of bed?
- Multifidus - Smallest Yet Most Powerful Muscle
- Nerve Stretches
- Shoulder Pain - Frequently Asked Questions
- 'Clunking' Shoulders - Part I
- Waking up with neck pain? Find the right pillow.
- Not All Pain In the Back Is Back Pain - It Could Be Rib Pain
- MCL strain not getting better? Because it is Pes Ancerinus Tendinitis.
- Slipped Disc in Singapore - What to Do and Avoid
- Better to break a bone than to tear a ligament or tendon
- Knee Joint & Ankle Pain - Specialist Treatment in Singapore
- Acromion Clavicle Joint - Another source of shoulder pain
- Sway Back No More
- Knock Knees - Can I reverse it? (Part 1)
- Sway back posture: A leading poor posture type causing back pain
- Posterior Capsule stretches