Neck Injuries and Pain Relief Solutions
Neck Pain Causes and Conditions
Neck pain is more complicated than we think. Very often, what’s causing your pain is far deeper than what we expect. The spine is an intricate system that holds 33 bones, joints, ligaments and muscles. There is a multitude of reasons that may have caused neck pain.
A thorough assessment can determine the cause of your neck pain. The most common causes of neck pain are sleeping positions, sports or working at a desk for too long. To get a clearer understanding of your neck pain, do consult a physiotherapist.
Common Causes Neck Pain Conditions
Here are some common neck pain conditions – we treat most neck pain conditions. Not certain of your condition? Come down for an assessment and we will help you figure it out. Our goal is to get you feeling better at the soonest with as few sessions as possible.
- Cervicogenic headaches related pain in the neck
- Whiplash neck pain from an injury
- Cervical Spondylosis Symptoms
- Poor posture while using phones
- Neck Strain
- More related neck pain conditions
The human anatomy is an interlinked system of bones, muscles, joints, ligaments that help you to perform your daily functions. Thus when one part of the body starts hurting, there is a possibility that the pain could be attributed to another part of the body.
Core Concepts Physiotherapy Treatments
Our physiotherapists at Core Concepts Singapore can provide you with a permanent solution to your neck pain. This is because we do not only treat the symptoms, but we also fix the underlying cause of your pain.
Our physiotherapists are experts in human anatomy and are skilled in matters relating to muscles, bones, joints, tendons, and ligaments. Neck Pain Physiotherapy aims to relieve pain and treat the condition through methods such as manual therapy, manipulation, deep tissue massages and exercises.
At Core Concepts, we will determine the root cause by digging deeper into the symptoms. We strip away the symptoms layer by layer to find out what is causing the pain and aim to fix the underlying cause.
From there, we work to ensure that your pain doesn’t return by making your body stronger and more functional. Our team of physiotherapists can help you do that.
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Neck Pain
- What is causing my neck pain and how did I get it?
There is a multitude of reasons that may have caused your neck pain. We can't determine the cause of your neck pain without a thorough assessment. The most common causes of neck pain are sleeping positions or working at a desk for too long. To get a clearer understanding of your neck pain, do consult a physiotherapist.
- Does my posture cause neck pain?
Poor posture could result in neck strains such as when your head is held forward to view mobile devices. This is because your muscles are working overtime to keep your head in the forward position. As a result, your neck muscles would be more susceptible to painful strains and spasms.
- What treatments are available for neck pain?
Some of the physio treatments methods for neck pain that we employ are manual therapy and strengthening exercises. Your treatment plan will be determined by your therapist after conducting a full assessment of your condition. For more severe cases, surgery may be required. We can refer you to a specialist if required.
- What can I do to prevent neck pain?
One of the common causes of neck pain is bad sleeping posture. A quick and efficient solution is to get a new pillow that keeps your cervical spine in neutral alignment. It would also be advised to adopt a good posture when using mobile devices or working at a desk.
- When should I see a physiotherapist for neck pain?
Seeking a physiotherapist as early as possible would allow an efficient recovery period. However, you should seek a physiotherapist immediately if you have been experiencing neck pain that is severe. Also, if your movements are limited or if the pain gets worse while performing certain activities. At Core Concepts, we are dedicated to addressing your issues and getting you back to full activity.
- Neck Pain – When To Worry and When Not To
- Waking up with neck pain? Find the right pillow for Neck Pain.
- Signs If Your Neck Pain Is Serious Or Not
- Common Causes of Neck and Shoulder Pain
- Techniques to Ease Neck Pain On Your Own
- Experiencing Neck Pain? Physiotherapy Helps Neck Pain Conditions
- Bone Spurs In The Neck Area Of The Spine
- How Yoga Can Relieve Some Neck and Shoulder Problems
- Self-Massage For Your Neck & Shoulders
- Neck: Understanding Cervical Spine And Disc Anatomy
- 5 Things You Probably Don’t Know About Whiplash
- Chronic Pain Afflicts A Significant Number Of Younger Adults
- Sleeping Positions
- How to give Massages for Neck, Back and Shoulder Pain
- Can Physiotherapy Help Improve Your Sleep?
- Using Smartphones And Neck Pain – A Pain In The Neck
- Tiger Wood’s Real Source Of Championship Withdrawal – Inflamed Cervical Facet Joint
- How Can a Physio Help With Back Pain?
- Breastfeeding Postural Related Aches And Pain
- Best Ways To Avoid And Treat Tech-Neck Symptoms