Get to know your therapist – Li Hoong
About Li Hoong
I am a functional trainer with Core Concepts, but what most people do not know about me is that before switching careers to working in the fitness industry, I was working in a bank for about 14 years. Even though I was working at a bank for so long, the jump to changing careers was because I enjoy helping people achieve their goals and because I like to see my clients getting happier as they get closer to their fitness goals. I am extremely motivated by goals – I enjoy the process of achieving my goals which also include helping my clients achieve theirs. I am a sporty person, and you can find me jogging, swimming or cycling during my spare time. Another interesting fact about me is that I am currently participating in a cycling challenge where I will need to complete a distance of 2000 km (which is about the distance from Singapore to Vietnam) in 8 weeks‘ time.
What inspired you to become a Functional Trainer?
Before switching careers, I engaged a personal trainer to help me in a bid to get fitter and strengthen my core muscles as I was suffering from various aches and pain in the back, neck and knee. I experienced these aches even though I was a marathoner at that time and was actively exercising. I felt that there was something wrong with the way I was training my body and that was how I decided to engage the help of a professional. Through the personal training sessions, I lost 7 kg in 3 months and came out feeling stronger and more positive about life. Through the experience, I understood how the process of training and strengthening myself actually helped me to see things in a positive light as I felt good from inside out.This experience eventually led me to my current career path as I was inspired to help more people so that they can free their bodies from pain and experience the internal and external benefits of exercising and strengthening the body.
What do you enjoy the most about your job?
I love having the capability to help my clients restore their confidence in themselves through exercises and seeing them being willing to try new things motivates me to learn more and share whatever new knowledge I obtain with them.
If there was one piece of advice you could share with people who wish to get fit and in shape, what would it be?
The journey to be fit and in shape is like a life time marathon, it is a unique experience and only you know what is deemed as therapeutic. You can consult professionals for help but eventually you are the one who will need to start the first step of this journey. This journey may not be smooth sailing but along the way you will learn and become better as you try and try again.
You can find Li Hoong at Harbourfront Centre!
Call +65 6226 3632 or fill up this form to book an appointment!
Articles That You May Find Interesting
50 Popular Articles That You May Find Interesting
- Snapping Ankle - Physiotherapy
- Labour Epidural Cause Chronic Backache?
- The Best Exercises for Trochanteric Bursitis
- Posterior Pelvic Pain (Sacroiliac Joint Pain) in Pregnant Women
- How do I know if I have scoliosis?
- Diastasis Recti Abdominis - Conditions
- Cobb Angle and Scoliosis
- Maybe it isn't Plantar Fasciitis but Heel Fat Pad Syndrome
- What to do when your back hurts so much that you can't get out of bed?
- Multifidus - Smallest Yet Most Powerful Muscle
- Nerve Stretches
- Shoulder Pain - Frequently Asked Questions
- 'Clunking' Shoulders - Part I
- Waking up with neck pain? Find the right pillow.
- Not All Pain In the Back Is Back Pain - It Could Be Rib Pain
- MCL strain not getting better? Because it is Pes Ancerinus Tendinitis.
- Slipped Disc in Singapore - What to Do and Avoid
- Better to break a bone than to tear a ligament or tendon
- Knee Joint & Ankle Pain - Specialist Treatment in Singapore
- Acromion Clavicle Joint - Another source of shoulder pain
- Sway Back No More
- Knock Knees - Can I reverse it? (Part 1)
- Sway back posture: A leading poor posture type causing back pain
- Posterior Capsule stretches
You can easily request for a physiotherapy or fitness appointment through any of the 3 convenient ways below with your preferred date, time and clinic location. Our staff will be happy to help allocate you to the first available appointment slot that best fits your convenience.