What is Endometriosis?
Endometriosis is a condition where the endometrial tissue grows outside the uterus. As a result, this condition can lead to problems like pain and infertility in women.
While causes of endometriosis are not established, some possibilities include retrograde menstruation, hormonal influences, lymphatic system transporting endometrial cells to other parts of the body, and and immune system disorder.
Pelvic floor physiotherapy can help endometriosis by identifying and releasing the sore ‘trigger’ areas where the pelvic floor tightens and shortens in response to the adhesion, inflammation and scarring caused by endometriosis.
Read here to learn more. “What is Endometriosis?”
15 Popular Articles That You May Find Interesting
- The Best Exercises for Trochanteric Bursitis
- Slipped disc – Do’s and don’ts
- What is Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction (SPD)
- Cobb Angle and Scoliosis
- Waking up with neck pain? Try this.
- Multifidus – Smallest Yet Most Powerful Muscle
- Nerve Stretches
- Sacroiliac Joint Pain or Posterior Pelvic Pain in Pregnant Women
- Better to Break a Bone Than to Tear a Ligament or Tendon
- Snapping Ankle
- Maybe it’s not Plantarfasciitis but Heel Fat Pad Syndrome
- ‘Clunking’ Shoulders – Part I
- Why is my MCL strain not getting better? Because it is Pes Ancerinus Tendinitis.
- Another source for shoulder pain: Could it be the AC joint?
- Inversion Ankle Sprain