Online Petition to Raise Awareness of Safety in Ultimate Frisbee
Ultimate frisbee is a relatively young sport here but it is a popular sport among Singaporeans with over 50 competitive teams. A recent incident occured during a game which caused severe injuries to a young woman. It is reported that she had suffered a dislocated knee, two-part fracture in her leg, and multiple ligament tears to her knee after a collision with an opponent on the field.
As a result of this, two members of the frisbee community has taken actions to raise awareness of safety in the sport. Jocelyn Chua, a veteran player of ultimate frisbee from the Thirsty Camels Ultimate Club mentions,“This is the first time that I’ve heard of something so bad, and that’s why we’re using this example to highlight to the community, and we see the need to educate people on the sport properly.”
15 Popular Articles That You May Find Interesting
- What is Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction (SPD)
- The Best Exercises for Trochanteric Bursitis
- Slipped disc – Do’s and don’ts
- Waking up with neck pain? Try this.
- Sacroiliac Joint Pain or Posterior Pelvic Pain in Pregnant Women
- Cobb Angle and Scoliosis
- Maybe it’s not Plantarfasciitis but Heel Fat Pad Syndrome
- Better to Break a Bone then to Tear a Ligament or Tendon
- Snapping Ankle
- Nerve Stretches
- Multifidus – Smallest Yet Most Powerful Muscle
- How do I know if I have scoliosis?
- How to prevent ankle sprains from happening … again
- Labour Epidural Cause Chronic Backache?
- What to do when your back hurts so much that you can’t get out of bed?