Don’t Just Sit There, Do Something
Sedentary Lifestyle and Suffering Health
The rise in work-related health problems such as text neck, email apnoea, back pain and wrist pain are largely attributed to the sedentary lifestyle and and workplace ergonomics.
The term email apnoea stems from the condition of sleep apnoea where sufferers stop breathing for very short periods or shallow breathe while they sleep.
The act of focusing intensely while texting, typing or answering emails under pressure causes us to inhale and hold our breath. This occurs unconsciously throughout the day and with the addition of stress and poor posture, it all accumulates to become a high risk activity in the long run.
Kirsty Angerer, an ergonomist with Humanscale says “Employers should be interested in addressing discomfort well before it becomes an injury. Not only does early intervention reduce treatment costs, it’s also important for productivity.”
It is important to check your vital signs at work and take active precautions to improve the situation. Click to find out more. “How office work can kill you”
15 Popular Articles That You May Find Interesting
- The Best Exercises for Trochanteric Bursitis
- Slipped disc – Do’s and don’ts
- Waking up with neck pain? Try this.
- Sacroiliac Joint Pain or Posterior Pelvic Pain in Pregnant Women
- What is Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction (SPD)
- Cobb Angle and Scoliosis
- Multifidus – Smallest Yet Most Powerful Muscle
- Nerve Stretches
- Maybe it’s not Plantarfasciitis but Heel Fat Pad Syndrome
- Snapping Ankle
- The disabled throwing shoulder- The “Dead Arm”
- Better to Break a Bone Than to Tear a Ligament or Tendon
- Why is my MCL strain not getting better? Because it is Pes Ancerinus Tendinitis.
- Labour Epidural Cause Chronic Backache?
- Inversion Ankle Sprain