Don’t Just Sit There, Do Something
Sedentary Lifestyle and Suffering Health
The rise in work-related health problems such as text neck, email apnoea, back pain and wrist pain are largely attributed to the sedentary lifestyle and and workplace ergonomics.
The term email apnoea stems from the condition of sleep apnoea where sufferers stop breathing for very short periods or shallow breathe while they sleep.
The act of focusing intensely while texting, typing or answering emails under pressure causes us to inhale and hold our breath. This occurs unconsciously throughout the day and with the addition of stress and poor posture, it all accumulates to become a high risk activity in the long run.
Kirsty Angerer, an ergonomist with Humanscale says “Employers should be interested in addressing discomfort well before it becomes an injury. Not only does early intervention reduce treatment costs, it’s also important for productivity.”
It is important to check your vital signs at work and take active precautions to improve the situation. Click to find out more. “How office work can kill you”
15 Popular Articles That You May Find Interesting
- What is Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction (SPD)
- Slipped disc – Do’s and don’ts
- Waking up with neck pain? Try this.
- The Best Exercises for Trochanteric Bursitis
- Posterior Pelvic Pain (Sacroiliac Joint Pain) in Pregnant Women
- Cobb Angle and Scoliosis
- Better to Break a Bone then to Tear a Ligament or Tendon
- Maybe it’s not Plantarfasciitis but Heel Fat Pad Syndrome
- Snapping Ankle
- Multifidus – Smallest Yet Most Powerful Muscle
- How do I know if I have scoliosis?
- Nerve Stretches
- Why is my MCL strain not getting better? Because it is Pes Ancerinus Tendinitis.
- What to do when your back hurts so much that you can’t get out of bed?
- Labour Epidural Cause Chronic Backache?