When Work is a Pain in the Neck
Office-related neck pain is one of the most common ailments faced by today’s office workers. While many companies turn to expensive ergonomic solutions in a bid to help their employees, Australian researchers are saying that ergonomics may not be as effective as we had hoped.
So far, studies done by researchers from the University of Queensland have found that neck strengthening exercises have produced the strongest effect of relieving office-related neck pains. They recommend four key exercises which focus on strengthening muscles around the neck and shoulders.
15 Popular Articles That You May Find Interesting
- What is Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction (SPD)
- The Best Exercises for Trochanteric Bursitis
- Waking up with neck pain? Try this.
- Slipped disc – Do’s and don’ts
- Sacroiliac Joint Pain or Posterior Pelvic Pain in Pregnant Women
- Cobb Angle and Scoliosis
- Maybe it’s not Plantarfasciitis but Heel Fat Pad Syndrome
- Snapping Ankle
- Nerve Stretches
- Multifidus – Smallest Yet Most Powerful Muscle
- Better to Break a Bone Than to Tear a Ligament or Tendon
- What to do when your back hurts so much that you can’t get out of bed?
- How do I know if I have scoliosis?
- How to prevent ankle sprains from happening … again
- Why is my MCL strain not getting better? Because it is Pes Ancerinus Tendinitis.