Wakeboarder Sasha Christian Bounces Back From a Leg Break
Singapore’s SEA Games wakeboarder Sasha Christian broke her right fibula last July after landing on one leg in the water during practice. She then began to use improvised equipment and training methods.
Sasha had to learn a painful lesson from her past injuries. She suffered a partial tear in her medial cruciate ligament and went back into action too quickly. As a result, her knee broke down four times in the next seven months.
Sasha mentions “I came back mentally stronger. I have learned to take one thing at a time, not to get overly excited and trust in my training.”
It is important to give adequate time and treatment for recovery to reduce the risk of re-injury.
Read more about it here. “SEA Games: Wakeboarder Sasha Christian bounces back from a leg break”
15 Popular Articles That You May Find Interesting
- What is Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction (SPD)
- Slipped disc – Do’s and don’ts
- Waking up with neck pain? Try this.
- Posterior Pelvic Pain (Sacroiliac Joint Pain) in Pregnant Women
- The Best Exercises for Trochanteric Bursitis
- Better to Break a Bone then to Tear a Ligament or Tendon
- Cobb Angle and Scoliosis
- Snapping Ankle
- Maybe it’s not Plantarfasciitis but Heel Fat Pad Syndrome
- Multifidus – Smallest Yet Most Powerful Muscle
- Labour Epidural Cause Chronic Backache?
- How do I know if I have scoliosis?
- What to do when your back hurts so much that you can’t get out of bed?
- Why is my MCL strain not getting better? Because it is Pes Ancerinus Tendinitis.
- Choosing the Right Knee Support