This Inflammatory Condition Affects Many Men
Common Inflammatory Condition
Pain and stiffness that gets worse at night, in the morning and after prolonged activity. Do you experience these symptoms? This condition is known as ankylosing spondylitis and a majority of those who experience it are men.
According to Dr Warren Fong, Consultant, Department of Rheumatology & Immunology, Singapore General Hospital. “Locally, a majority of our patients are males (about 75 per cent) and Chinese (about 80 per cent).”
Ankylosing Spondylitis is a type of arthritis that typically affects the joints of the spine. Patients may experience fatigue and find it difficult to get out of bed or even walk.
Want to know more? Read more about it here: “You’ve probably never heard of it, but ankylosing spondylitis affects many men”
15 Popular Articles That You May Find Interesting
- What is Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction (SPD)
- The Best Exercises for Trochanteric Bursitis
- Slipped disc – Do’s and don’ts
- Waking up with neck pain? Try this.
- Sacroiliac Joint Pain or Posterior Pelvic Pain in Pregnant Women
- Cobb Angle and Scoliosis
- Snapping Ankle
- Maybe it’s not Plantarfasciitis but Heel Fat Pad Syndrome
- Better to Break a Bone then to Tear a Ligament or Tendon
- Multifidus – Smallest Yet Most Powerful Muscle
- Nerve Stretches
- How do I know if I have scoliosis?
- What to do when your back hurts so much that you can’t get out of bed?
- How to prevent ankle sprains from happening … again
- Why is my MCL strain not getting better? Because it is Pes Ancerinus Tendinitis.