Healthy Snacking While at Work
Health of Singaporean Workers
Office workers, due to boredom, stress or peer pressure tend to indulge in unhealthy snacking while at work. According to the Health Promotion Board (HPB), the health of Singaporean workers tend to lag the general population and have a higher prevalence of pre-obesity, high blood cholesterol and high blood pressure.
A major contributor to this trend is the types of food we consume as office workers. While there have been measures to encourage healthier options during lunch, snacking in the office is a habit and norm for many. Thus, it is important what items you stock in your pantry. The more unhealthy options there are, the easier it becomes to indulge in them. However, while snacks that are high in sugar and/or carbohydrates can provide short term and immediate gratification, they also tend to provide irregular spikes in blood sugar levels, leading to a sugar high, followed by a crash. The crash could leave you feeling more unproductive than before.
5 Healthy snacking habits you should incorporate into your lives:
- Swap out processed foods
- Energy bars
- Surround yourself with healthy snacks
- All things in moderation
Read more here. “5 healthy snacking habits you could cultivate in the office“
15 Popular Articles That You May Find Interesting
- The Best Exercises for Trochanteric Bursitis
- Slipped disc – Do’s and don’ts
- What is Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction (SPD)
- Cobb Angle and Scoliosis
- Waking up with neck pain? Try this.
- Multifidus – Smallest Yet Most Powerful Muscle
- Sacroiliac Joint Pain or Posterior Pelvic Pain in Pregnant Women
- Nerve Stretches
- Better to Break a Bone Than to Tear a Ligament or Tendon
- Snapping Ankle
- Maybe it’s not Plantarfasciitis but Heel Fat Pad Syndrome
- ‘Clunking’ Shoulders – Part I
- Why is my MCL strain not getting better? Because it is Pes Ancerinus Tendinitis.
- How to prevent ankle sprains from happening … again
- Another source for shoulder pain: Could it be the AC joint?