Swimming Fund-Raiser for Rheumatic Patients
Singapore General Hospital’s first Swim for Rheumatology fund-raiser was held on 2nd Semptember which aims to raise awareness of rheumatology and fund its research here.
According to Mr Lim who is a final-year sports science and management undergraduate at the Nanyang Technological University, “Swimming is the best exercise for rheumatic patients as it is a whole-body exercise that does not add stress or load on their joints.”
About $103,000 was raised at the event and proceeds will fund patient causes and treatment of rheumatological diseases here.
Read more here. “Swimming fund-raiser to help rheumatic patients”
15 Popular Articles That You May Find Interesting
- The Best Exercises for Trochanteric Bursitis
- Slipped disc – Do’s and don’ts
- Waking up with neck pain? Try this.
- Sacroiliac Joint Pain or Posterior Pelvic Pain in Pregnant Women
- What is Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction (SPD)
- Cobb Angle and Scoliosis
- Multifidus – Smallest Yet Most Powerful Muscle
- Nerve Stretches
- Maybe it’s not Plantarfasciitis but Heel Fat Pad Syndrome
- Snapping Ankle
- The disabled throwing shoulder- The “Dead Arm”
- Better to Break a Bone Than to Tear a Ligament or Tendon
- Why is my MCL strain not getting better? Because it is Pes Ancerinus Tendinitis.
- Labour Epidural Cause Chronic Backache?
- Inversion Ankle Sprain