Don’t Ignore that Nagging Back Pain
Most of us experience back pain every once in awhile. Even so, we have the tendency to brush the pain off, assuming that it is just a temporary discomfort. However, back pain can sometimes be so intense that we cannot help but seek medical attention for it. Finding out the root cause of the pain is vital in determining the right treatment.
According to this article, Dr Ivan Ntwari, a General Practitioner in Kigali says that back pain can occur for a wide range of reasons. It is a more prevalent problem in adults, due to the degeneration of joints resulting from the lifting of heavy objects, poor posture over an extended period and sports injuries, among others. He also notes that people who are stressed, depressed or having back injuries are more likely to develop a chronic back pain.
Back pain in women is also commonly observed. This is common for various reasons including pregnancy, menopause, menstruation. Dr Iba Mayale, a gynecologist at Clinic Galien in Remera, Gasabo District lists out some practical things that can be done for pregnant women to alleviate the lower back pain that arises from their pregnancy.
Most importantly, back pain should not be ignored and people are advised to seek treatment whenever they experience pain.
Read more here. “Why you should not ignore that back pain”
15 Popular Articles That You May Find Interesting
- The Best Exercises for Trochanteric Bursitis
- Slipped disc – Do’s and don’ts
- Waking up with neck pain? Try this.
- Sacroiliac Joint Pain or Posterior Pelvic Pain in Pregnant Women
- What is Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction (SPD)
- Cobb Angle and Scoliosis
- Multifidus – Smallest Yet Most Powerful Muscle
- Nerve Stretches
- Maybe it’s not Plantarfasciitis but Heel Fat Pad Syndrome
- Snapping Ankle
- The disabled throwing shoulder- The “Dead Arm”
- Better to Break a Bone Than to Tear a Ligament or Tendon
- Why is my MCL strain not getting better? Because it is Pes Ancerinus Tendinitis.
- Labour Epidural Cause Chronic Backache?
- Inversion Ankle Sprain