Get to know your therapist – Ken
“I’m afraid of heights and terrified of flying cockroaches. Also, when there is a dark alley, I will always ask my girlfriend to walk in front of me.”
What do you love most about your job?
“I enjoy interacting with people, so my job as a physiotherapist gives me the opportunity to put that basic urge to a good purpose. I also love being challenged and solving problems, so being filled with clients to assess throughout the day also translates to having new problems to tackle with each client I see.”
List and elaborate 5 goals on your life’s to-do list.
- Water and Wine – I am working towards my goal of owning a property by the waters of Fremantle, Perth. This would allow me to live my dreams of surfing in the morning glow and enjoying a glass of wine in the afternoon.
- Being a good Christian father to my future children and a loving husband to my beautiful wife – did we mention that Ken just got engaged recently? Congrats Ken!
- To soak up the atmosphere in the stands of a Manchester United – Liverpool Game. To be specific, I would like to be supporting my all-time favourite team, Manchester United and proudly donning a Manchester United jersey while standing among Liverpool fans as we emerge victorious in a 3-0 game.
- Own and learn how to sail a Catamaran. There is a change in perspective once you are out in the water. Even if it is just a short distance away from shore, I am transported into a different world. For me, I am in a different universe, disconnected from land-based life and its routines. The pace of life changes the moment I step onto a boat.
- Shark cage diving. I’ve always thought that if I were to be an animal in my previous life, I would choose to be a shark. There is nothing more exhilarating than facing a great white while it is feeding.
If you could choose to do/be anything for a day, what would it be?
“I have always prided myself to be mentally resilient and having the ability to work through enormous pressure. If I could choose to be anything for a day, I would choose to be Usain Bolt an hour just before he starts his 100m race. I would love to experience how Usain deals with personal and environmental issues and the whole nation’s weight on his shoulders.If I had another option, I would choose to be a stamp collector. I need to try and understand how one can take up this hobby and be obsessed with something so mundane as collecting stamps.”
You can find Ken at Camden Medical Centre on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays and at Harbourfront Centre on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Call +65 6226 3632 or fill up this form to book an appointment!
You can easily request for a physiotherapy or fitness appointment through any of the 3 convenient ways below with your preferred date, time and clinic location. Our staff will be happy to help allocate you to the first available appointment slot that best fits your convenience.