Get to know your Therapist: Jordan
Tell us more about who you are!
“When I’m not at work, you can find me perfecting my latte making skills, finding the perfect coffee bean, cooking anything and everything, planning my next voyage and doing sports.
In my younger years I was divisional champion swimmer, and I went on to water polo for school and club.
Through rugby, I was able to tour New Zealand and play against a few of the best teams on the South Island. For both club and school, I was a part of a team that won every trophy on offer, being crowned both Gold Coast and Queensland premiers.
Now that I’m getting older, I enjoy my daily runs, and have a couple of half marathons under my belt. I still enjoy my swimming, weight training, and am on the look out for a decent bicycle so I can get involved in cycling once more.
I live for sports. It’s ingrained within Australian culture, and I’m no exception to the norm in that regard.
From my background in sport, exercise science, and physiotherapy, I ensure that I practice what I preach, and deliver advice to my patients that stems from my personal experience in conjunction with evidence-based practice.”
What do you love most about your job?
“There are too many things about my job that I love. I feel blessed to work amazing patients who each have a story to tell, and various opinions of where to find the best Hawker food and best coffee. I have come to understand much about Singapore culture from simply listening to my patients. Every day I learn something new from my patients, and every day I feel privileged to be able to work with people from all walks of life.”
Where is your favourite place in the world?
“It has to be Cambodia. The nation has a rich, dark and oppressed history, yet the Cambodian people are some of the most generous, warm, and caring people I’ve met in my short life. There is too much to do in Cambodia; climb the Angkor Temples, enjoy the beautiful coast and seafood in Kep/Kampot, get amongst the hustle and bustle of Phnom Penh, get blessed at a local Pagoda, or head out into the provinces for a taste of the authentic Khmer lifestyle. Not to mention the food; especially Cambodian rice and their coffee beans!”
If you could have a superpower, what would it be and why?
“The ability of never needing sleep. We spend close to 1/3 of our lives sleeping. Life is short. Why not try to be awake for every minute of it? I think I’m getting close to gaining this superpower as a result of all the coffee that I drink.”
Call us at +65 6226 3632 or fill up this form to book an appointment with us.
50 Popular Articles That You May Find Interesting
- Snapping Ankle - Physiotherapy
- Labour Epidural Cause Chronic Backache?
- The Best Exercises for Trochanteric Bursitis
- Posterior Pelvic Pain (Sacroiliac Joint Pain) in Pregnant Women
- How do I know if I have scoliosis?
- Diastasis Recti Abdominis - Conditions
- Cobb Angle and Scoliosis
- Maybe it isn't Plantar Fasciitis but Heel Fat Pad Syndrome
- What to do when your back hurts so much that you can't get out of bed?
- Multifidus - Smallest Yet Most Powerful Muscle
- Nerve Stretches
- Shoulder Pain - Frequently Asked Questions
- 'Clunking' Shoulders - Part I
- Waking up with neck pain? Find the right pillow.
- Not All Pain In the Back Is Back Pain - It Could Be Rib Pain
- MCL strain not getting better? Because it is Pes Ancerinus Tendinitis.
- Slipped Disc in Singapore - What to Do and Avoid
- Better to break a bone than to tear a ligament or tendon
- Knee Joint & Ankle Pain - Specialist Treatment in Singapore
- Acromion Clavicle Joint - Another source of shoulder pain
- Sway Back No More
- Knock Knees - Can I reverse it? (Part 1)
- Sway back posture: A leading poor posture type causing back pain
- Posterior Capsule stretches
- Tennis Elbow not Getting Better? This Could Be Why
- Inversion Ankle Sprain
- Lower Back Pain - What You Didn't Know
- Top 3 posture types leading to back pain by Physiotherapist Sylvia Ho
- Exercise and Scoliosis
- 9 Things To Take Pressure Off Your Back
- How to prevent ankle sprains from happening ... again
- Causing Most of the World's Pain, Anonymously
- Difference Between Manipulation, Mobilisation And Massage - Treatments
- Spontaneous Resorption of Herniated Discs
- DeQuervain's Syndrome
- Back, Neck & Shoulder Care - Singapore Specialist Treatment
- The risk behind a protruding shoulder blade
- Choosing the Right Knee Support
- Muscle Atrophy - What a Waste!
- Below the Skin - Fascia
- We've Heard So Much of the 'CORE', What About the 'SLINGS'?
- Sling bag vs. back pack vs. luggage bag, which one should I pick?
- Scapular (Shoulder blade)Stability
- How To Ease Neck Pain On Your Own
- If I have an ankle sprain, should I have an X-ray taken?
- Does sitting slouched and slanted cause scoliosis?
- A Frequently Asked Questions - Does Bad Posture Lead to Scoliosis?
- Q Angle and Knee Pain
- The disabled throwing shoulder- The "Dead Arm"
- Traction Therapy - No Help in Long Term
You can easily request for a physiotherapy or fitness appointment through any of the 3 convenient ways below with your preferred date, time and clinic location. Our staff will be happy to help allocate you to the first available appointment slot that best fits your convenience.