Get to know Aloysius
I have always been a huge fan of sports, but only began to participate more actively in my adolescent years because of my chubby childhood. Never really put thought into my career choice until the end of ‘O’ Levels, because my boyhood dream was to play in the EPL, I ended up taking a Diploma in Electronics.
Another questionable decision I made would be signing on with the RSAF as an engineer. I managed to convince myself it’s a good choice because of financial independence, and at some point, had aspired to be a pilot. But it turned out to be a blessing in disguise. My mom was diagnosed with terminal cancer and was finally at rest, after a long and hard fight, in December 2013, few days short of Christmas. Being the youngest of 3 children, the pressure was on me to be financially stable and to have a direction in my career, which I would not have figured out had I not taken this path.
If I wasn’t doing something in sports, I would have probably done something related to music. With influence from my dad’s music choice, I went through a Jimi Hendrix phase, but realised I’m better off just a fan instead. And sad to say, I have no hidden talents.
What inspired you to become a massage therapist?
I started with google search and YouTube to find out about self-releasing techniques, to attempt to fix my own muscular problems. Then I got interested in helping others to fix their muscular problems, which made me decide to take up a basic massage course to learn about proper techniques and have more opportunities for hands on experience.
What do you enjoy the most about your job?
I feel satisfied when I can ease someone’s muscular problems especially if it is chronic. It makes me happy when I get to the root of the problem.
If you were given a free air ticket to any destination in the world, where would you go and why?
I love to travel, so probably the MOST expensive ticket… But if that is not an option, then Machu Picchu in Peru or Easter island near Chile would be nice. History books always intrigues me, but I never made it past the first few pages. It would be nice to learn about it when I’m there.
You can find Aloysius at Parkway Parade!
Call +65 6226 3632 or fill up this form to book an appointment!
50 Popular Articles That You May Find Interesting
- Snapping Ankle - Physiotherapy
- Labour Epidural Cause Chronic Backache?
- The Best Exercises for Trochanteric Bursitis
- Posterior Pelvic Pain (Sacroiliac Joint Pain) in Pregnant Women
- How do I know if I have scoliosis?
- Diastasis Recti Abdominis - Conditions
- Cobb Angle and Scoliosis
- Maybe it isn't Plantar Fasciitis but Heel Fat Pad Syndrome
- What to do when your back hurts so much that you can't get out of bed?
- Multifidus - Smallest Yet Most Powerful Muscle
- Nerve Stretches
- Shoulder Pain - Frequently Asked Questions
- 'Clunking' Shoulders - Part I
- Waking up with neck pain? Find the right pillow.
- Not All Pain In the Back Is Back Pain - It Could Be Rib Pain
- MCL strain not getting better? Because it is Pes Ancerinus Tendinitis.
- Slipped Disc in Singapore - What to Do and Avoid
- Better to break a bone than to tear a ligament or tendon
- Knee Joint & Ankle Pain - Specialist Treatment in Singapore
- Acromion Clavicle Joint - Another source of shoulder pain
- Sway Back No More
- Knock Knees - Can I reverse it? (Part 1)
- Sway back posture: A leading poor posture type causing back pain
- Posterior Capsule stretches
- Tennis Elbow not Getting Better? This Could Be Why
- Inversion Ankle Sprain
- Lower Back Pain - What You Didn't Know
- Top 3 posture types leading to back pain by Physiotherapist Sylvia Ho
- Exercise and Scoliosis
- 9 Things To Take Pressure Off Your Back
- How to prevent ankle sprains from happening ... again
- Causing Most of the World's Pain, Anonymously
- Difference Between Manipulation, Mobilisation And Massage - Treatments
- Spontaneous Resorption of Herniated Discs
- DeQuervain's Syndrome
- Back, Neck & Shoulder Care - Singapore Specialist Treatment
- The risk behind a protruding shoulder blade
- Choosing the Right Knee Support
- Muscle Atrophy - What a Waste!
- Below the Skin - Fascia
- We've Heard So Much of the 'CORE', What About the 'SLINGS'?
- Sling bag vs. back pack vs. luggage bag, which one should I pick?
- Scapular (Shoulder blade)Stability
- How To Ease Neck Pain On Your Own
- If I have an ankle sprain, should I have an X-ray taken?
- Does sitting slouched and slanted cause scoliosis?
- A Frequently Asked Questions - Does Bad Posture Lead to Scoliosis?
- Q Angle and Knee Pain
- The disabled throwing shoulder- The "Dead Arm"
- Traction Therapy - No Help in Long Term
You can easily request for a physiotherapy or fitness appointment through any of the 3 convenient ways below with your preferred date, time and clinic location. Our staff will be happy to help allocate you to the first available appointment slot that best fits your convenience.