Get to know your therapist – Ying Rong
About Ying Rong
I run, alot! I represent Singapore in various running events, namely 10km runs and half marathons. I am also a huge wine enthusiast! When I am not studying the art of physiotherapy, I attend wine appreciation courses on the side, haha! I am also learning french as a hobby. There is a french saying that stuck with me during the course of my study. “Mieux vaut prévenir que guérir” The sense of this french proverb is such that it is better to take the necessary precautions to prevent a sickness, than to wait for the onset of the sickness and then only to treat it. I like to keep this perspective in view when I engage in my work as a physiotherapist. Friends describe me as friendly and also a little eccentric.
What inspired you to become a physiotherapist?
I wanted to be engaged in a line of work that directly improves someone’s quality of life. I wanted to help people at the microscopic level. Physiotherapy allows me to do just that.
What accomplishment are you the most proud of and why?
Breaking the Singapore half marathon record earlier this year is my proudest achievement to date. It serves as a daily reminder to myself that I have to put in the effort to achieve my goals. In the months leading up to the race, I had to set myself a very strict and regimental schedule to fit my training into my work schedule. It was a very trying period of time, but I am really glad I went through with it. This resonates with my attitude and character during my everyday responsibilities. It is a solid reminder for myself to persevere on when things get challenging.
If you were deserted on a stranded island, what are the 5 things you would want to have with you?
1. Running shoes – just in case I need to run, not quite into barefoot running
2. Running clothes – might get sweaty
3. Spare running clothes – might need them when running clothes gets washed
4. Fasionable clothes (I think it would be good to maintain my appearance even when stranded on some island)
5. Of course, running socks
You can find Ying Rong at Harbourfront and Galaxis!
Call +65 6226 3632 or fill up this form to book an appointment!
50 Popular Articles That You May Find Interesting
- Snapping Ankle - Physiotherapy
- Labour Epidural Cause Chronic Backache?
- The Best Exercises for Trochanteric Bursitis
- Posterior Pelvic Pain (Sacroiliac Joint Pain) in Pregnant Women
- How do I know if I have scoliosis?
- Diastasis Recti Abdominis - Conditions
- Cobb Angle and Scoliosis
- Maybe it isn't Plantar Fasciitis but Heel Fat Pad Syndrome
- What to do when your back hurts so much that you can't get out of bed?
- Multifidus - Smallest Yet Most Powerful Muscle
- Nerve Stretches
- Shoulder Pain - Frequently Asked Questions
- 'Clunking' Shoulders - Part I
- Waking up with neck pain? Find the right pillow.
- Not All Pain In the Back Is Back Pain - It Could Be Rib Pain
- MCL strain not getting better? Because it is Pes Ancerinus Tendinitis.
- Slipped Disc in Singapore - What to Do and Avoid
- Better to break a bone than to tear a ligament or tendon
- Knee Joint & Ankle Pain - Specialist Treatment in Singapore
- Acromion Clavicle Joint - Another source of shoulder pain
- Sway Back No More
- Knock Knees - Can I reverse it? (Part 1)
- Sway back posture: A leading poor posture type causing back pain
- Posterior Capsule stretches
- Tennis Elbow not Getting Better? This Could Be Why
- Inversion Ankle Sprain
- Lower Back Pain - What You Didn't Know
- Top 3 posture types leading to back pain by Physiotherapist Sylvia Ho
- Exercise and Scoliosis
- 9 Things To Take Pressure Off Your Back
- How to prevent ankle sprains from happening ... again
- Causing Most of the World's Pain, Anonymously
- Difference Between Manipulation, Mobilisation And Massage - Treatments
- Spontaneous Resorption of Herniated Discs
- DeQuervain's Syndrome
- Back, Neck & Shoulder Care - Singapore Specialist Treatment
- The risk behind a protruding shoulder blade
- Choosing the Right Knee Support
- Muscle Atrophy - What a Waste!
- Below the Skin - Fascia
- We've Heard So Much of the 'CORE', What About the 'SLINGS'?
- Sling bag vs. back pack vs. luggage bag, which one should I pick?
- Scapular (Shoulder blade)Stability
- How To Ease Neck Pain On Your Own
- If I have an ankle sprain, should I have an X-ray taken?
- Does sitting slouched and slanted cause scoliosis?
- A Frequently Asked Questions - Does Bad Posture Lead to Scoliosis?
- Q Angle and Knee Pain
- The disabled throwing shoulder- The "Dead Arm"
- Traction Therapy - No Help in Long Term
You can easily request for a physiotherapy or fitness appointment through any of the 3 convenient ways below with your preferred date, time and clinic location. Our staff will be happy to help allocate you to the first available appointment slot that best fits your convenience.