Get to know Shane
I usually spend my spare time working out in the gym. I used to be a personal trainer prior to pursuing my Masters in Physiotherapy and it has since been a habit to sweat it out at the gym. I mainly do resistance based training but also incorporate functional training to my regime as well. I also enjoy playing basketball and did win the University of Queensland social league once during my time there. I grew up playing music, namely the piano, violin and the Suona (a Chinese instrument) and currently still enjoy playing the piano from time to time. Family is very important to me and I make an effort to spend time with them every week. We usually go for movie nights on Thursdays and gather at my Grandma’s house on Sundays after church.
What inspired you to become a physiotherapist?
My dream when I was a kid was to play in the NBA. As I got older, that dream got slightly further away from me. But going into sports has always been something I was keen in. Hence I did my bachelors in Sports and Exercise Science. Midway through, I witnessed my brother tearing his ACL during a basketball game and how that injury derailed his entire season. I was then exposed to physiotherapy and saw how important physiotherapy is in prolonging the careers of athletes. The more I was exposed to physiotherapy, the more I started to understand how important it can be to anyone, be it a runner, a teacher or a doctor. It then sparked my conviction to want to be able to reach out and touch the lives of as many people as I can through improving the quality of life of those I interact with.
If you could take one week off, what would you do?
If I had 1 week off, I will probably be spending time with my family. We would probably take a trip back to Japan where my 2 brothers and I spent a very memorable period of our childhood in.
If you had to choose – would you rather go without your phone or your wallet for one day?
I definitely would need my phone more than my wallet. Nowadays with technology, you can even pay for things with your phone!
You can find Shane at Harbourfront Centre and Novena Square!
Call +65 6226 3632 or fill up this form to book an appointment!
50 Popular Articles That You May Find Interesting
- Snapping Ankle - Physiotherapy
- Labour Epidural Cause Chronic Backache?
- The Best Exercises for Trochanteric Bursitis
- Posterior Pelvic Pain (Sacroiliac Joint Pain) in Pregnant Women
- How do I know if I have scoliosis?
- Diastasis Recti Abdominis - Conditions
- Cobb Angle and Scoliosis
- Maybe it isn't Plantar Fasciitis but Heel Fat Pad Syndrome
- What to do when your back hurts so much that you can't get out of bed?
- Multifidus - Smallest Yet Most Powerful Muscle
- Nerve Stretches
- Shoulder Pain - Frequently Asked Questions
- 'Clunking' Shoulders - Part I
- Waking up with neck pain? Find the right pillow.
- Not All Pain In the Back Is Back Pain - It Could Be Rib Pain
- MCL strain not getting better? Because it is Pes Ancerinus Tendinitis.
- Slipped Disc in Singapore - What to Do and Avoid
- Better to break a bone than to tear a ligament or tendon
- Knee Joint & Ankle Pain - Specialist Treatment in Singapore
- Acromion Clavicle Joint - Another source of shoulder pain
- Sway Back No More
- Knock Knees - Can I reverse it? (Part 1)
- Sway back posture: A leading poor posture type causing back pain
- Posterior Capsule stretches
- Tennis Elbow not Getting Better? This Could Be Why
- Inversion Ankle Sprain
- Lower Back Pain - What You Didn't Know
- Top 3 posture types leading to back pain by Physiotherapist Sylvia Ho
- Exercise and Scoliosis
- 9 Things To Take Pressure Off Your Back
- How to prevent ankle sprains from happening ... again
- Causing Most of the World's Pain, Anonymously
- Difference Between Manipulation, Mobilisation And Massage - Treatments
- Spontaneous Resorption of Herniated Discs
- DeQuervain's Syndrome
- Back, Neck & Shoulder Care - Singapore Specialist Treatment
- The risk behind a protruding shoulder blade
- Choosing the Right Knee Support
- Muscle Atrophy - What a Waste!
- Below the Skin - Fascia
- We've Heard So Much of the 'CORE', What About the 'SLINGS'?
- Sling bag vs. back pack vs. luggage bag, which one should I pick?
- Scapular (Shoulder blade)Stability
- How To Ease Neck Pain On Your Own
- If I have an ankle sprain, should I have an X-ray taken?
- Does sitting slouched and slanted cause scoliosis?
- A Frequently Asked Questions - Does Bad Posture Lead to Scoliosis?
- Q Angle and Knee Pain
- The disabled throwing shoulder- The "Dead Arm"
- Traction Therapy - No Help in Long Term
You can easily request for a physiotherapy or fitness appointment through any of the 3 convenient ways below with your preferred date, time and clinic location. Our staff will be happy to help allocate you to the first available appointment slot that best fits your convenience.