Get to know your therapist – Lenia
I am simple lady who likes to do water sports, spend time with family and friends, and of course, loves shopping ( which lady doesn’t, right?). I must add this, I also love my mum’s cooking- her mee siam and curry chicken are to die for. That is the reason why my mum is slim but the rest of her family members are so cute and chubby.
I am a sporty person by nature and I enjoy spending my time swimming, running and playing badminton. I also enjoy working ( believe it or not, it is the air that I breathe) and physiotherapy, in particular learning new information and techniques as they intrigue me.When I am away from the clinics, I usually spend my spare time chilling with my family, especially now that my hubby is back in Singapore. We usually spend time exercising and having coffee time together. We also love watching crime genre TV series such as Criminal minds, Suits and a local channel 5 show called The best I could which is based on Singapore’s own criminal lawyer, Subhas Anandan.
What inspired you to become a physiotherapist?
Since young, I have always aspired to be a healthcare worker because I like interacting with others and watching them recover and get better. My journey as a physiotherapist began when I was 18 and received a brochure from Physiotherapy in Singapore. I thought to myself, that might be the pathway most suited to my passion and personality.
What do you enjoy the most about your job?
I love to see my clients get better and stay better with the help of physiotherapy. Their progression from when they first stepped in to the clinic is worth every effort from the team. Being able to interact with different groups of people also allows me to understand more of their needs and interests. Meeting different people from all walks of life also gives me to opportunity to learn new things every single day and that is always something I am looking forward to.Apart from great clients, I am also thankful for understanding and motivating bosses as well as enthusiastic and helpful colleagues which make my job so much more fun and enjoyable.
What are 5 things on your bucket list?
- Going back to sprint triathlon again
- Ballroom dancing
- To travel the world for at least 3 months
- White water rafting
You can find Lenia at Raffles Quay and Novena Square!
Call +65 6226 3632 or fill up this form to book an appointment!
50 Popular Articles That You May Find Interesting
- Snapping Ankle - Physiotherapy
- Labour Epidural Cause Chronic Backache?
- The Best Exercises for Trochanteric Bursitis
- Posterior Pelvic Pain (Sacroiliac Joint Pain) in Pregnant Women
- How do I know if I have scoliosis?
- Diastasis Recti Abdominis - Conditions
- Cobb Angle and Scoliosis
- Maybe it isn't Plantar Fasciitis but Heel Fat Pad Syndrome
- What to do when your back hurts so much that you can't get out of bed?
- Multifidus - Smallest Yet Most Powerful Muscle
- Nerve Stretches
- Shoulder Pain - Frequently Asked Questions
- 'Clunking' Shoulders - Part I
- Waking up with neck pain? Find the right pillow.
- Not All Pain In the Back Is Back Pain - It Could Be Rib Pain
- MCL strain not getting better? Because it is Pes Ancerinus Tendinitis.
- Slipped Disc in Singapore - What to Do and Avoid
- Better to break a bone than to tear a ligament or tendon
- Knee Joint & Ankle Pain - Specialist Treatment in Singapore
- Acromion Clavicle Joint - Another source of shoulder pain
- Sway Back No More
- Knock Knees - Can I reverse it? (Part 1)
- Sway back posture: A leading poor posture type causing back pain
- Posterior Capsule stretches
- Tennis Elbow not Getting Better? This Could Be Why
- Inversion Ankle Sprain
- Lower Back Pain - What You Didn't Know
- Top 3 posture types leading to back pain by Physiotherapist Sylvia Ho
- Exercise and Scoliosis
- 9 Things To Take Pressure Off Your Back
- How to prevent ankle sprains from happening ... again
- Causing Most of the World's Pain, Anonymously
- Difference Between Manipulation, Mobilisation And Massage - Treatments
- Spontaneous Resorption of Herniated Discs
- DeQuervain's Syndrome
- Back, Neck & Shoulder Care - Singapore Specialist Treatment
- The risk behind a protruding shoulder blade
- Choosing the Right Knee Support
- Muscle Atrophy - What a Waste!
- Below the Skin - Fascia
- We've Heard So Much of the 'CORE', What About the 'SLINGS'?
- Sling bag vs. back pack vs. luggage bag, which one should I pick?
- Scapular (Shoulder blade)Stability
- How To Ease Neck Pain On Your Own
- If I have an ankle sprain, should I have an X-ray taken?
- Does sitting slouched and slanted cause scoliosis?
- A Frequently Asked Questions - Does Bad Posture Lead to Scoliosis?
- Q Angle and Knee Pain
- The disabled throwing shoulder- The "Dead Arm"
- Traction Therapy - No Help in Long Term
You can easily request for a physiotherapy or fitness appointment through any of the 3 convenient ways below with your preferred date, time and clinic location. Our staff will be happy to help allocate you to the first available appointment slot that best fits your convenience.