Get to know your therapist – Deborah
Deborah is a fully licensed medical doctor and she used to be an avid dancer who first encountered Pilates more than 10 years ago. Pilates enabled Deborah to greatly improve her understanding of movement and reduce the lower back pain she suffered from due to mild scoliosis. Now, she runs and does crossfit in her spare time. To Deborah, Pilates is a constant because it’s like an essential vitamin and mineral to physical well being!
Deborah is an extremely smiley and positive person who laughs alot and has a good sense of humour. She has recently been trying to adopt the whole food plant base approach to her diet.
What inspired you to take up Pilates?
I started doing Pilates about 11 years ago for cross training, conditioning and strengthening for dance. I used to dance 4-5 time a week all the way up till when I graduated medical school.
I fell in love with Pilates after as I was impressed with how diverse and well thought out the repertoire is and how it could help EVERYONE.
What do you love most about your job?
Meeting new and different people! I love how I get to meet so many diverse people in my job, build relationships with them and help them along the way.
If you could be any animal, what would you be and why?
A Bird! Either an eagle or a hawk as I think bigger birds are grand and magestic. I would love to be able to take flight and I would definitely choose to be a predator. Its too stressful being a prey.
You can find Deborah at Breathe Pilates
Call +65 9835 5683 to book an appointment!
Articles That You May Find Interesting
50 Popular Articles That You May Find Interesting
- Snapping Ankle - Physiotherapy
- Labour Epidural Cause Chronic Backache?
- The Best Exercises for Trochanteric Bursitis
- Posterior Pelvic Pain (Sacroiliac Joint Pain) in Pregnant Women
- How do I know if I have scoliosis?
- Diastasis Recti Abdominis - Conditions
- Cobb Angle and Scoliosis
- Maybe it isn't Plantar Fasciitis but Heel Fat Pad Syndrome
- What to do when your back hurts so much that you can't get out of bed?
- Multifidus - Smallest Yet Most Powerful Muscle
- Nerve Stretches
- Shoulder Pain - Frequently Asked Questions
- 'Clunking' Shoulders - Part I
- Waking up with neck pain? Find the right pillow.
- Not All Pain In the Back Is Back Pain - It Could Be Rib Pain
- MCL strain not getting better? Because it is Pes Ancerinus Tendinitis.
- Slipped Disc in Singapore - What to Do and Avoid
- Better to break a bone than to tear a ligament or tendon
- Knee Joint & Ankle Pain - Specialist Treatment in Singapore
- Acromion Clavicle Joint - Another source of shoulder pain
- Sway Back No More
- Knock Knees - Can I reverse it? (Part 1)
- Sway back posture: A leading poor posture type causing back pain
- Posterior Capsule stretches
You can easily request for a physiotherapy or fitness appointment through any of the 3 convenient ways below with your preferred date, time and clinic location. Our staff will be happy to help allocate you to the first available appointment slot that best fits your convenience.