Low Back Pain
Low Back Pain (LBP) or sometimes referred to as lumbago, is one of the most common musculoskeletal ailment facing us today. A survey conducted by the Back Society of Singapore found that over the previous 6 months prior to the survey, 18% or 1 in 5 adults had suffered an episode of neck or back pain. 50% of back pain sufferers had experienced an attack at least once a month or more frequently.
Unfortunately, from a relative perspective, the 99% of lower back pain stems from benign musculoskeletal problems such as muscle or soft tissue sprains and strains. These cases are referred to as non specific low back pain.
- Apophyseal osteoarthritis
- Diffuse idiopathic skeletal hyperostosis
- Degenerative discs
- Scheuermann’s kyphosis
- Spinal disc herniation (“slipped disc”)
- Thoracic or lumbar spinal stenosis
- Spondylolisthesis and other congenital abnormalities
- Leg length difference
- Restricted hip motion
- Misaligned pelvis – pelvic obliquity, anteversion or retroversion
- Abnormal Foot Pronation
Experiencing back pain? Click here to find out more about physiotherapy for back pain relief and how Core Concepts can help
- When to Worry About seeking Back Pain Treatment and When Not To
- Low Back Pain (LBP) Explained By Dr Mike Evans
- How Can a Physio Help With Back Pain?
- Different Compensation Strategies During Jogging By Low Back Pain Sufferers
- Resolving Low Back Pain – A Kinetic Chain Approach
- When Should You See A Physiotherapist?
- Low Back Pain Risks For Competitive Youths
- What Are The Most Common Causes Of Back Pain?
- Chronic Pain Afflicts A Significant Number Of Younger Adults
- Lumbar Supports Not Particularly Effective For Low Back Pain
- Back Pain Relief for when your back hurts so much you can’t get out of bed
- Yoga good for Lower Back Pain?
- Ergonomical Problems Like Back And Neck Pains Cost Singapore $3.5 Billion A Year
- My back hurts. What causes back pain?
- Signs If Your Neck Pain Is Serious Or Not
- Back Pain Due To A Vertebrae Fracture?
- 3 Common Leading Causes to Back Pain
- Managing Low Back Pain and Sciatica
- 4 Signs That You May Not Be Ready For Yoga
- Common Causes of Neck and Shoulder Pain