Low Back Pain
Low Back Pain (LBP) or sometimes referred to as lumbago, is one of the most common musculoskeletal ailment facing us today. A survey conducted by the Back Society of Singapore found that over the previous 6 months prior to the survey, 18% or 1 in 5 adults had suffered an episode of neck or back pain. 50% of back pain sufferers had experienced an attack at least once a month or more frequently.
Unfortunately, from a relative perspective, the 99% of lower back pain stems from benign musculoskeletal problems such as muscle or soft tissue sprains and strains. These cases are referred to as non specific low back pain.
- Apophyseal osteoarthritis
- Diffuse idiopathic skeletal hyperostosis
- Degenerative discs
- Scheuermann’s kyphosis
- Spinal disc herniation (“slipped disc”)
- Thoracic or lumbar spinal stenosis
- Spondylolisthesis and other congenital abnormalities
- Leg length difference
- Restricted hip motion
- Misaligned pelvis – pelvic obliquity, anteversion or retroversion
- Abnormal Foot Pronation
Experiencing back pain? Click here to find out more about physiotherapy for back pain relief and how Core Concepts can help