Your First Visit
What do you need to prepare for your first physiotherapy visit with us?
For your first visit to Core Concepts, please plan to arrive at least 5 minutes before your appointment to see the physiotherapist. This time is for you to complete the registration process with us.
- Do I have to bring my referral forms?
If you were referred to us by your doctor, kindly bring along your referral forms. We will need to make a copy of the referral for our records. You will retain the original form for your reference and claims if necessary.
- What do I need to bring for my first session?
Some of the things you need to bring along would be your IC or any form of identification, your Doctor’s referral if you have one and any X-rays or MRIs that is related to your condition that you think might be helpful for the assessment.
- Do I have to bring my medical reports?
If you have taken an MRI or X-ray, you may wish to bring the report along with you on the first visit (or subsequent visits). The film or CD containing the images is not necessary.
- What about my Insurance Claim Documents?
Insurance claim procedures vary significantly across different providers. If you intend to claim from your insurers, it would be advisable for you to check with your insurer or agent on the procedures. Assuming that your particular insurance plan covers physiotherapy, our physiotherapy treatment services is claimable and accepted by most, if not all, the major local and international insurance companies. If a claim form is required to be filled by your healthcare provider, kindly pass us the form on your first visit with the appropriate declarations signed. You will need to pay for the treatment session first and subsequently claim from your insurer except for the following cases:
1. Letter of Guarantee issued by Insurer to us
2. Direct-Payment agreement with the specified insurer.
- What if my X-ray is older than 6 months?
Regardless of the age of the X-ray, as long as it is related to the problem area – kindly bring it down for our therapists to have a look.
- What should i be wearing and do I need to bring a change of clothes?
Although there is no dress code, it would be best to be dressed comfortably for the session – i.e., unrestrictive clothing such as shorts or pants for ladies. If it is necessary, we can provide a clean change of clothes for you.
- What payment mode do you accept?
We accept credit card payments (Visa/MasterCard/ AMEX)
- What should I be expecting on my first session?
When you step into the clinic for the first time, you will have to go through a registration process. Thereafter, your therapist will find out more from you about your musculoskeletal problems before proceeding to do a physical examination and assessment of the problem area. After the therapist has come to a diagnosis, an appropriate treatment plan will be discussed.
If you are unsure of your case, kindly ask any of our staff.
- When Should You See A Physiotherapist?
- Why You Should Go for Cycling Physiotherapy
- Experiencing Foot Pain? Physiotherapy for Foot Pain
- Experiencing Shoulder Pain? Physiotherapy for Shoulder
- How Can a Physio Help With Back Pain?
- Experiencing Neck Pain? Physiotherapy Helps Neck Pain Conditions
- Signs If Your Neck Pain Is Serious Or Not
- Neck Pain – When To Worry and When Not To
- I Have Knee Osteoarthritis. Why Doesn’t My Knee Cartilage Heal By Itself?
- What To Do In Case of a Sports Injury
- Individualised Physiotherapy needs Thinking Physiotherapists – For Better Medicine Today
- Using Smartphones And Neck Pain – A Pain In The Neck
- Experiencing Knee Pain Conditions? Physiotherapy for Knee Pain Injuries
- Physiotherapy Treatment for Posterior Pelvic Pain
- Physiotherapy for Diastasis Recti Treatment
- Back Pain And The Rib Cage: A Case Study
- Using Physiotherapy to Resolve Back Pain Conditions and Causes
- “Why Am I Not Getting Better With Repeated Traction Or Decompression Therapy For Back Pain?”
- Best Ways To Avoid And Treat Tech-Neck Symptoms
- More Than Just An Ankle Sprain