Why The Cogwheel Model Doesn’t Work For Your Posture
Do you find yourself in a slouching posture?
You can use the cogwheel model of postural correction to help you get in the proper posture. However, some people may find it difficult to get into the posture for 2 reasons.
Firstly, if there is a kink in one of these cogwheels, the movement will not be smooth. As a result, compensation from other parts occur. These kinks may come in the form of a tight muscle or a stiff joint. The flexibility will need to be corrected with mobilisation techniques or stretching exercises. This is necessary before the cogwheel movements can be smooth again.
The second reason is because of a lack of muscle endurance. You may be able to pull yourself back upright. However, if the postural muscles do not have the endurance to maintain that position, you will easily find yourself slumping back into the old slouched, poking chin posture. Exercises for the relevant postural muscles to improve the strength and endurance will help to sustain a proper sitting posture.
Related Articles That You May Find Interesting
Popular Articles That You May Find Interesting
- Snapping Ankle - Physiotherapy
- Labour Epidural Cause Chronic Backache?
- The Best Exercises for Trochanteric Bursitis
- Posterior Pelvic Pain (Sacroiliac Joint Pain) in Pregnant Women
- How do I know if I have scoliosis?
- Diastasis Recti Abdominis - Conditions
- Cobb Angle and Scoliosis
- Maybe it isn't Plantar Fasciitis but Heel Fat Pad Syndrome
- What to do when your back hurts so much that you can't get out of bed?
- Multifidus - Smallest Yet Most Powerful Muscle
- Nerve Stretches
- Shoulder Pain - Frequently Asked Questions
- 'Clunking' Shoulders - Part I
- Waking up with neck pain? Find the right pillow.
- Not All Pain In the Back Is Back Pain - It Could Be Rib Pain
- MCL strain not getting better? Because it is Pes Ancerinus Tendinitis.
- Slipped Disc in Singapore - What to Do and Avoid
- Better to break a bone than to tear a ligament or tendon
- Knee Joint & Ankle Pain - Specialist Treatment in Singapore
- Acromion Clavicle Joint - Another source of shoulder pain
- Sway Back No More
- Knock Knees - Can I reverse it? (Part 1)
- Sway back posture: A leading poor posture type causing back pain
- Posterior Capsule stretches