Taping: Where To Get Rigid Sports Tape?
“Hi, Thanks for the great articles on sports taping. But I seem to have trouble finding them in the shops here in Singapore. I have seen some at the pharmacies here but they look different. Where can I get some?– Bee Koon
Hi Bee Koon,
Thanks for the kind words. Yes, unfortunately, good quality rigid sports tape are rather hard to find here in Singapore outside of sports injury clinics. We don’t really recommend the white tape found at the pharmacies here as they don’t usually carry the wider-tape stock and the adhesive (glue) of the white tape doesn’t last very long in our hot humid weather. With a little bit of prespiration, the tape will slip off. If you plan to use them for a game, they don’t stay on for more than a few minutes.
As we mentioned, you can find at sports injury clinics. This is the best option for buying a few rolls of tape. If you arelooking to buy in large quantities (e.g. a box of 30 rolls), you best get it from the supplier. In Singapore, you can get the tapes from B.C.H. Entreprise.
In your interested in knowing more about sports taping, we running a workshop on 5th June. For details, check it out at our facebook event page,
- Sports Taping – Knee
- Sports Taping – Fingers
- Sports Taping – Wrist
- Sports Taping – Ankle
- Functional Fascial Taping
- What Kind Of Taping Do I Need?
- Sports Taping for Plantar Fasciitis
- Slam Dunking Starts At The Bottom
- Knee Pain With Jumping? Try Taping!
- Understanding Shoulder Injury Sustained From Sports
- Heel pain? Here’s all you need to know.
- The Buckling Knee
- What Everybody Ought to Know About ACL Injuries
- R.I.C.E.R – What To Do When Sports Injuries Happen
- H.A.R.M. To Avoid Sports Related Injuries
- Knee Pain: Fat Pad Irritation or Hoffa’s Syndrome
- Shin Splints From The Periosteum
- What To Do In Case of a Sports Injury
- Case Study: Achilles Tendonitis From A Tilted Heel Bone
- Prehab vs Rehab: It’s Your Choice