Back Pain Relief for when your back hurts so much you can’t get out of bed
If your back suddenly hurts so much even to move up into a sitting position to get out of bed, likely, your spinal joints are severely inflamed and your back muscles are spasm-ing (twitching). This severe pain may be preventing you from doing performing simple day to day activities. In this article, we explore simple methods that provide back pain relief.
If you cannot seek help from a medical professional to achieve back pain relief, here are some home remedies that you can perform to relieve the pain temporarily. However, it would be advised to consult with a medical professional at the soonest.
What you NEED to do – back pain relief
- Reduce the inflammation:
- Either take an anti-inflammatory medication (tablet or injection). GP prescription may be required.
- If it is too painful even to go see the GP,
- Apply a COLD press to the sore/painful area.
- Take an over-the-counter anti-inflammatory (e.g. Voltaren Gel / Tablet). This is a weaker form of anti-inflammatory medication than what you will get from your GP.
- Rest to let your body heal and reduce inflammation naturally.
What NOT to do
- Do not apply Heat (either through a hot pack or some heat rub) You will further aggravate the inflammation instead of providing back pain relief
- Do not massage the sore area.
See your physiotherapist for lasting back pain relief only after it doesn’t feel so sore or painful the day after.
- Back Pain Care at Home: 3 Tips from a Physiotherapist
- When to Worry About seeking Back Pain Treatment and When Not To
- Back Pain Due To A Vertebrae Fracture?
- Low Back Pain (LBP) Explained By Dr Mike Evans
- Minimising Work-Related Back Pain
- Back Pain In Pregnancy – The Best Treatment Methods
- Avoid doing these 3 Things if You Have Back Pain
- Not All Pain In the Back Is Back Pain – It Could Be Rib Pain
- How Can a Physio Help With Back Pain?
- Low Back Pain Risks For Competitive Youths
- Back Pain And The Rib Cage: A Case Study
- Resolving Low Back Pain – A Kinetic Chain Approach
- 3 Common Leading Causes to Back Pain
- Chronic Low Back Pain – The Psychological Factors
- “Why Am I Not Getting Better With Repeated Traction Or Decompression Therapy For Back Pain?”
- Why Are You So Guarded About Your Pain?
- Pains of Pregnancy – Low Back Pain
- Yoga good for Lower Back Pain?
- Posterior Pelvic Pain in Pregnancy? Never heard of it
- How You Can Ease Back Pain During Pregnancy