Want to correct your Posture? Try Cogwheel Model.
The Cogwheel Model is a theory of postural correction where the segments of the body are all related. These segments are like cogwheels, i.e. when one part moves, the others should naturally follow. These segments are the low back/pelvis, trunk and head/neck regions.
To correct a slouched posture using the Cogwheel method, you should tilts your pelvis and lower back forward, subsequently the slouch in your upper back should be reduced and your head/ neck will be pulled back on top of the shoulders. It is the movement from a slouched posture to an upright posture through the cogwheel and the practice of this movement that give one self-awareness to be able to manage his/her own posture and spinal condition.
15 Popular Articles That You May Find Interesting
- The Best Exercises for Trochanteric Bursitis
- Slipped disc – Do’s and don’ts
- Waking up with neck pain? Try this.
- Sacroiliac Joint Pain or Posterior Pelvic Pain in Pregnant Women
- What is Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction (SPD)
- Cobb Angle and Scoliosis
- Multifidus – Smallest Yet Most Powerful Muscle
- Nerve Stretches
- Maybe it’s not Plantarfasciitis but Heel Fat Pad Syndrome
- The disabled throwing shoulder- The “Dead Arm”
- Snapping Ankle
- Better to Break a Bone Than to Tear a Ligament or Tendon
- Why is my MCL strain not getting better? Because it is Pes Ancerinus Tendinitis.
- Labour Epidural Cause Chronic Backache?
- Inversion Ankle Sprain