Want To Correct Your Posture? Try The Cogwheel Model.
The Cogwheel Model is a theory to correct the posture, where the segments of the body are all related. These segments are like cogwheels, i.e. when one part moves, the others should naturally follow. These segments are the low back/pelvis, trunk and head/neck regions.
To correct a slouched posture using the Cogwheel method, you should tilt your pelvis and lower back forward. Subsequently, the slouch in your upper back should be reduced. Your head/ neck will also be pulled back on top of the shoulders. It is the movement from a slouched posture to an upright posture through the cogwheel and the practice of this movement that gives one self-awareness to be able to manage his/her own spinal condition.
Related and Popular Articles
- Snapping Ankle - Physiotherapy
- Labour Epidural Cause Chronic Backache?
- The Best Exercises for Trochanteric Bursitis
- Posterior Pelvic Pain (Sacroiliac Joint Pain) in Pregnant Women
- How do I know if I have scoliosis?
- Diastasis Recti Abdominis - Conditions
- Cobb Angle and Scoliosis
- Maybe it isn't Plantar Fasciitis but Heel Fat Pad Syndrome
- What to do when your back hurts so much that you can't get out of bed?
- Multifidus - Smallest Yet Most Powerful Muscle
- Nerve Stretches
- Shoulder Pain - Frequently Asked Questions
- 'Clunking' Shoulders - Part I
- Waking up with neck pain? Find the right pillow.
- Not All Pain In the Back Is Back Pain - It Could Be Rib Pain
- MCL strain not getting better? Because it is Pes Ancerinus Tendinitis.
- Slipped Disc in Singapore - What to Do and Avoid
- Better to break a bone than to tear a ligament or tendon
- Knee Joint & Ankle Pain - Specialist Treatment in Singapore
- Acromion Clavicle Joint - Another source of shoulder pain
- Sway Back No More
- Knock Knees - Can I reverse it? (Part 1)
- Sway back posture: A leading poor posture type causing back pain
- Posterior Capsule stretches