The Ten Most Common Mistakes Made By Triathletes
Wayne Goldsmith got it down nicely in this article. With triathlons becoming an increasingly popular sport in Singapore and around the region, we at Back2Sports are also seeing a corresponding rise in injuries with triathletes and biathletes. Wayne has some good advice for us.
- Increasing training volume too quickly. When many triathletes take up the sport, early improvements in performance come from improvements in aerobic fitness associated with increased physical activity.
- Ignoring stretching and injury prevention.
- Relying on technology instead of technique and skills.
- Spending too much time on your strongest leg instead of working on your weakest.
- Avoiding speed work.
- Using training hard as an excuse to eat and drink whatever you like.
- Not taking time to rest and recover.
- Training at too high an intensity.
- Not planning an integrated, balanced training program.
- Copying the “secrets” of champions.
For the full article, read “The Ten Most Common Mistakes Made By Triathletes” -vk
Related Articles That You May Find Interesting
Popular Articles That You May Find Interesting
- Snapping Ankle - Physiotherapy
- Labour Epidural Cause Chronic Backache?
- The Best Exercises for Trochanteric Bursitis
- Posterior Pelvic Pain (Sacroiliac Joint Pain) in Pregnant Women
- How do I know if I have scoliosis?
- Diastasis Recti Abdominis - Conditions
- Cobb Angle and Scoliosis
- Maybe it isn't Plantar Fasciitis but Heel Fat Pad Syndrome
- What to do when your back hurts so much that you can't get out of bed?
- Multifidus - Smallest Yet Most Powerful Muscle
- Nerve Stretches
- Shoulder Pain - Frequently Asked Questions
- 'Clunking' Shoulders - Part I
- Waking up with neck pain? Find the right pillow.
- Not All Pain In the Back Is Back Pain - It Could Be Rib Pain
- MCL strain not getting better? Because it is Pes Ancerinus Tendinitis.
- Slipped Disc in Singapore - What to Do and Avoid
- Better to break a bone than to tear a ligament or tendon
- Knee Joint & Ankle Pain - Specialist Treatment in Singapore
- Acromion Clavicle Joint - Another source of shoulder pain
- Sway Back No More
- Knock Knees - Can I reverse it? (Part 1)
- Sway back posture: A leading poor posture type causing back pain
- Posterior Capsule stretches