The Ten Most Common Mistakes Made By Triathletes
Wayne Goldsmith got it down nicely in this article. With triathlons becoming an increasingly popular sport in Singapore and around the region, we at Back2Sports are also seeing a corresponding rise in injuries with triathletes and biathletes. Wayne has some good advice for us.
- Increasing training volume too quickly. When many triathletes take up the sport, early improvements in performance come from improvements in aerobic fitness associated with increased physical activity.
- Ignoring stretching and injury prevention.
- Relying on technology instead of technique and skills.
- Spending too much time on your strongest leg instead of working on your weakest.
- Avoiding speed work.
- Using training hard as an excuse to eat and drink whatever you like.
- Not taking time to rest and recover.
- Training at too high an intensity.
- Not planning an integrated, balanced training program.
- Copying the “secrets” of champions.
For the full article, read “The Ten Most Common Mistakes Made By Triathletes” -vk
- Why Prehab Could Be Answer to Your Sports Injuries
- Preparing For Your Triathlon
- Cyclist Physiotherapy: What Are the Benefits & Should You Go
- Injury Prevention – Cross Training
- Prehab vs Rehab: It’s Your Choice
- 1 Essential Element That Athletes Need To Stay Injury Free
- Common Workout Injuries and How to Prevent Them
- The Journey to Injury Free Running
- Sports Massage for Cyclists: The One Thing You Need If You Cycle
- Why You Should Go for Cycling Physiotherapy
- Safe And Effective Weight In The Gym
- Popliteal Tendonitis: A Case Study
- Preventing the rise of shoulder injuries
- Running Shoe Technology May Not Have A Big Impact On Reducing Running Risk Injuries
- All you need to know about Achilles Tendinopathy
- Problems of Working Out at Home – 4 Common Problems & How to Fix Them
- Sports Massage for Cyclists: What Are the Benefits & Should You Get One
- Mind and Body (I) – Psychological Factors For Sports Injury Rehabilitation
- Mind And Body (III) – Imagination And Self Talk For Sports Injury Rehabilitation
- Sports Recovery Strategies To Improve Your Performance (Part 2- Fundamental Strategies)