Sports Massage for Cyclists: The One Thing You Need If You Cycle
Sports Massage for Cyclist Performance
- To perform better, it is essential to ensure that your body and muscles are well recovered after a session of training.
- Beyond stretching, tight muscles benefit greatly from regular sports massage which is able to target to the ‘sticking’ spots in your muscles.
Sports Massage for Cyclist Injury Prevention
- Sports Massage helps to break down the knots in the muscles by stretching them and flushing out the lactic acids.
- Sports massage also helps the flow of blood back to the heart and the interstitial and lymph fluids around the body, vital to maintaining a healthy body.
- Healthy muscles are less likely to suffer from micro-trauma (tears), ruptures, strains as compared to tight, tired muscles which are hampered by adhesions, scar tissue and lactic acid.
- Sports massages also help to speed up recovery post training by flushing out the metabolic waste products in the muscles, ensuring that your body is performing at optimal condition.
Why choose us?
Holistic Treatment Approach
Unlike most other establishments, our therapists work hand in hand to provide you with the best experience possible. With massage therapists, physiotherapists, functional trainers and pilates instructors under the same roof – you can be rest assured that you are in good hands. Our therapists work closely with one another and come up with treatment plans that are most suitable for your recovery. In the event that you’d require another service such as physiotherapy, our massage therapists can easily refer you to a physiotherapy colleague and bring the physiotherapist up to date on your condition.
Intensive Training Programs
Our team goes through a monthly internal training session to ensure that they are kept up to date with new practices or techniques. Also, our massage therapists are highly qualified and are sent for continuous training so as to better improve on their skills and knowledge.
Proven Track Record for Cyclists
We have been in the business since 2003 – with our massage arm of the business being called Strong Massage. If you visit the Strong Massage website, you’d notice plenty of testimonials from athletes such as triathletes and swimmers who swear by the efficacy of our sports massage in helping them with their performance. If it has worked for them – there is no reason it shouldn’t work for you.
What should I expect for my first Cyclist Massage session?
- Come in comfortable clothing – a shirt and shorts so that we are able to work on your limbs. We do provide a change of clothes as well.
- Keep in mind that unlike a relaxing spa massage session, our aim to not relax your mind but to manage your muscles needs as this is a outcome based massage.
- First, your therapist will assess your needs – finding out more about your goals and your current activity level or pain areas can help us determine which areas to focus on.
- Typically, a 1-hour session will not cover your entire body and our therapists will focus on one area of your body (e.g. calfs, thigh or upper body).