Shoulder Impingement Exercise Part 1-3: High Row
3. High Row (Presented by Chng Chye Tuan, Senior Physiotherapist)
The next exercise we are going to do is called High Row. This exercise trains your middle trapezius and lower trapezius. In this angle, it will train the middle trapezius more than the lower trapezius.
So let’s go straight into the exercise.
Again with a mid-height cable, take a step backwards with a soft knee bend. What you are going to do is to pull the elbow backwards this way, and release slowly. Like before, you are going to maintain your shoulder blade by pulling it backwards and downwards. This will activate your middle trapezius and lower trapezius.
And this is called the High Row.
Experiencing shoulder pain? Click here to find out more about physiotherapy for shoulder pain relief and how Core Concepts can help
For more information about shoulder injuries and the rotator cuff muscles:
Related and Popular Articles
- Snapping Ankle - Physiotherapy
- Labour Epidural Cause Chronic Backache?
- The Best Exercises for Trochanteric Bursitis
- Posterior Pelvic Pain (Sacroiliac Joint Pain) in Pregnant Women
- How do I know if I have scoliosis?
- Diastasis Recti Abdominis - Conditions
- Cobb Angle and Scoliosis
- Maybe it isn't Plantar Fasciitis but Heel Fat Pad Syndrome
- What to do when your back hurts so much that you can't get out of bed?
- Multifidus - Smallest Yet Most Powerful Muscle
- Nerve Stretches
- Shoulder Pain - Frequently Asked Questions
- 'Clunking' Shoulders - Part I
- Waking up with neck pain? Find the right pillow.
- Not All Pain In the Back Is Back Pain - It Could Be Rib Pain
- MCL strain not getting better? Because it is Pes Ancerinus Tendinitis.
- Slipped Disc in Singapore - What to Do and Avoid
- Better to break a bone than to tear a ligament or tendon
- Knee Joint & Ankle Pain - Specialist Treatment in Singapore
- Acromion Clavicle Joint - Another source of shoulder pain
- Sway Back No More
- Knock Knees - Can I reverse it? (Part 1)
- Sway back posture: A leading poor posture type causing back pain
- Posterior Capsule stretches