Shoulder Impingement Exercise Part 1-2: Upright Row
[continues from Shoulder Impingement Exercise Part 1-1: Low Row]
1. Upright Row (Presented Chye Tuan)
The second exercise is called an Upright Row. So I will demonstrate this exercise to you.
With the mid-height cable, take a step backwards. Stand with a soft knee. And what you are going to do is to pull the cable back with the elbow bent towards yourself and slowly release.
Pull (the cable) towards yourself with a slow release.
Again at all times, maintain a posture of you pulling your shoulder blades backwards and downwards, and not allowing it to round forward this way.
So this trains the middle trapezius and lower trapezius muscles to hold the scapula in place.
And this is called the Upright Row.
Experiencing shoulder pain? Click here to find out more about physiotherapy for shoulder pain relief and how Core Concepts can help
For more information about shoulder injuries and the rotator cuff muscles:
Related and Popular Articles
- Snapping Ankle - Physiotherapy
- Labour Epidural Cause Chronic Backache?
- The Best Exercises for Trochanteric Bursitis
- Posterior Pelvic Pain (Sacroiliac Joint Pain) in Pregnant Women
- How do I know if I have scoliosis?
- Diastasis Recti Abdominis - Conditions
- Cobb Angle and Scoliosis
- Maybe it isn't Plantar Fasciitis but Heel Fat Pad Syndrome
- What to do when your back hurts so much that you can't get out of bed?
- Multifidus - Smallest Yet Most Powerful Muscle
- Nerve Stretches
- Shoulder Pain - Frequently Asked Questions
- 'Clunking' Shoulders - Part I
- Waking up with neck pain? Find the right pillow.
- Not All Pain In the Back Is Back Pain - It Could Be Rib Pain
- MCL strain not getting better? Because it is Pes Ancerinus Tendinitis.
- Slipped Disc in Singapore - What to Do and Avoid
- Better to break a bone than to tear a ligament or tendon
- Knee Joint & Ankle Pain - Specialist Treatment in Singapore
- Acromion Clavicle Joint - Another source of shoulder pain
- Sway Back No More
- Knock Knees - Can I reverse it? (Part 1)
- Sway back posture: A leading poor posture type causing back pain
- Posterior Capsule stretches