Eye Relaxation Techniques at Your Desk
Below are some eye relaxing techniques that you can practice easily at your desk.
- Place your elbows on your desk and cup hands over eyes.
- Let your weight fall forward and rest your head in hands.
- Close your eyes and inhale deeply through your nose; hold it for three seconds, then exhale.
- Continue this deep breathing for 15 to 30 seconds. Repeat this exercise several times a day.
- Hold up a finger/pen a few centimeters in front of you.
- Focus on the finger/pen as you slowly move it away, and then focus on something further away
- Next, shift focus back to the finger/pen, and slowly bring the finger/pen back towards you.
- Now, shift your focus to something farther than the previous object and hold your eyes there for 2 seconds.
- Alternate your focus between the near and far objects, looking at each for at least 2 seconds at a time. Repeat this exercise several times a day.
- Close eyes and imagine a clock face.
- Start by moving eyes slowly from the centre to the 12 o’clock position and hold for 2 seconds,
- Then slowly roll eyes clockwise, until the cycle is completed.
- Repeat the exercise anti-clockwise.
- Next, slowly and gently move eyes to the 12 o’clock position and hold for 2 seconds
- Shift the eye position to 6 o’clock position and hold for 2 seconds, and follow by 9 o’clock and 3 o’clock positions, holding each end positions for 2 seconds.
- Remember to stretch as far out as possible all the time and do it slowly.
- Repeat the entire exercise at least 3 times.
- move eyes to the left, then slowly to the right
- Consult your optometrist or eye doctor whenever in doubt. The exercises may not be suitable for you.
- Doing the exercises when you wear contacts may cause discomfort. The contacts may move around and possibly become folded or dislodged.
- Wash your hands before doing palming to avoid getting irritants in your eye.
Related Articles That You May Find Interesting
Popular Articles That You May Find Interesting
Here’s how you can Tone Up with Resistive Tubing
Tone Up – Mini Gym Ball Exercises With Sanctband Singapore
Here’s how you can tone up with Resistive Exercise Bands
Have you tried Facilitated Stretch Therapy?
The Effects of Mobile Devices – The Better Way To Use Your Phone
The Effects of Mobile Devices on Posture