Eye Relaxation Techniques At Your Desk
15 July 2021
Below are some eye strain relaxation techniques that you can practice easily at your desk.
- Place your elbows on your desk and cup hands over eyes.
- Let your weight fall forward and rest your head in hands.
- Close your eyes and inhale deeply through your nose; hold it for three seconds, then exhale.
- Continue this deep breathing for 15 to 30 seconds. Repeat this exercise several times a day.
- Hold up a finger/pen a few centimeters in front of you.
- Focus on the finger/pen as you slowly move it away, and then focus on something further away
- Next, shift focus back to the finger/pen, and slowly bring the finger/pen back towards you.
- Now, shift your focus to something farther than the previous object and hold your eyes there for 2 seconds.
- Alternate your focus between the near and far objects, looking at each for at least 2 seconds at a time. Repeat this exercise several times a day.
- Close eyes and imagine a clock face.
- Start by moving eyes slowly from the centre to the 12 o’clock position and hold for 2 seconds,
- Then slowly roll eyes clockwise, until the cycle is completed.
- Repeat the exercise anti-clockwise.
- Next, slowly and gently move eyes to the 12 o’clock position and hold for 2 seconds
- Shift the eye position to 6 o’clock position and hold for 2 seconds, and follow by 9 o’clock and 3 o’clock positions, holding each end positions for 2 seconds.
- Remember to stretch as far out as possible all the time and do it slowly.
- Repeat the entire exercise at least 3 times.
- move eyes to the left, then slowly to the right
Warnings When Doing Eye Relaxation Techniques
- Consult your optometrist or eye doctor whenever in doubt. The exercises may not be suitable for you.
- Doing the exercises when you wear contacts may cause discomfort. The contacts may move around and possibly become folded or dislodged.
- Wash your hands before doing palming to avoid getting irritants in your eye.
- Eye Strain – Symptoms And Ways To Relieve It
- 5 Ways To Fix Your Desk-Job Aches
- Inflight Exercises – 7 Exercises To Do On A Flight
- Running Free From Side-Stitches
- Hard Core Muscles For Mummies (Part 2)
- How to give Massages for Neck, Back and Shoulder Pain
- Stretches to Get Rid of WFH Aches and Pain
- Running: Stretches For New Runners For Better Performance
- Thawing Frozen Shoulders
- Best Hip Pain Exercises for Trochanteric Bursitis
- A Survival Strategy for Desk-bound Office Workers
- Best Ways To Avoid And Treat Tech-Neck Symptoms
- Self Massage Techniques for Work From Home Aches
- In the Driver’s Seat: Ergonomic Set-up
- Sway Back No More
- Is Your Game Hamstrung?
- Tips To Using The Crutches Safely – Part I
- Layout Your Work Surface Or Desk For Better Ergonomics And Productivity
- Sports Taping – Fingers
- Taking A Micro-Break