Neck Pain – When To Worry and When Not To
Are you feeling like your neck is stiffening up? Does it ache or exude general soreness in one spot? Neck pain is extremely common especially among desk-bound workers – sometimes it goes away on its own. However, neck pain isn’t always just a minor issue – there are instances where it would be better to seek medical assistance or go for physiotherapy in Singapore. How does one determine if their neck discomfort requires medical assistance? Here are some red flags that you should look out for that could potentially indicate that your neck discomfort may be more serious than you think.
- The pain has been bothering you with no signs of improvement for more than 4-6 weeks
- The pain is severe or has only grown worse over time
- The pain is the result of an injury such as a car accident or falling
If the above points apply to you, it is best to immediately see a physiotherapist or neck pain specialist in Singapore and get your condition assessed by a medical professional. What Are Other Red Flags to Worry About? Make sure that you check for these things whenever you feel neck pain and seek immediate medical attention:
- A severe headache that comes and goes
- Dizziness, nausea, or vomiting with unexplained causes
- Mystery fevers or chills
- Severe or throbbing pain, which can be caused by an artery tear and is often one of the risk factors for stroke
- Problems with balance or coordination
- Tingling, numbness or weakness in arms or legs
When is Neck Pain Merely Just Neck Pain? Stiff necks are very rarely serious. It’s sometimes simply caused by sleeping on the wrong side of the bed. Most of the time, acute neck pains lasts less than 4 weeks. However, when your pain lasts for more than 4 weeks, it could indicate a chronic problem and would require medical treatment and assistance to alleviate the pain. Visit a physio clinic in Singapore and seek a physiotherapist’s professional guidance to assess your condition and receive effective treatments for it. You can also seek medical care from a neck pain specialist in Singapore if your pain persists or continues to interfere with your everyday activities. Your healthcare professional may ask questions pertaining to the pain and any other symptoms experienced, your nature of work, posture and sleeping positions, and any recent or old injuries to have a better understanding of your condition.
Experiencing neck pain? Click here to find out more about physiotherapy for neck pain relief and how Core Concepts can help
- When to Worry About seeking Back Pain Treatment and When Not To
- Waking up with neck pain? Find the right pillow for Neck Pain.
- Techniques to Ease Neck Pain On Your Own
- Signs If Your Neck Pain Is Serious Or Not
- Best Ways To Avoid And Treat Tech-Neck Symptoms
- How Yoga Can Relieve Some Neck and Shoulder Problems
- Common Causes of Neck and Shoulder Pain
- Self-Massage For Your Neck & Shoulders
- Bone Spurs In The Neck Area Of The Spine
- Experiencing Neck Pain? Physiotherapy Helps Neck Pain Conditions
- 5 Things You Probably Don’t Know About Whiplash
- Spondylosis: Can Physiotherapy Help With Deskbound Work Neckache?
- Neck: Understanding Cervical Spine And Disc Anatomy
- Breastfeeding Postural Related Aches And Pain
- When Should You See A Physiotherapist?
- Brachioradial Pruritus: A Neck Problem Rather Than An Arm One
- Neck-Related Headaches
- Can Physiotherapy Help Improve Your Sleep?
- Why Get Manipulated In The First Place?
- Stretches to Get Rid of WFH Aches and Pain