Neck Pain – When To Worry and When Not To
Are you feeling like your neck is stiffening up? Does it ache or exude general soreness in one spot? Neck pain is extremely common especially among desk-bound workers – sometimes it goes away on its own. However, neck pain isn’t always just a minor issue – there are instances where it would be better to seek medical assistance or go for physiotherapy in Singapore. How does one determine if their neck discomfort requires medical assistance? Here are some red flags that you should look out for that could potentially indicate that your neck discomfort may be more serious than you think.
- The pain has been bothering you with no signs of improvement for more than 4-6 weeks
- The pain is severe or has only grown worse over time
- The pain is the result of an injury such as a car accident or falling
If the above points apply to you, it is best to immediately see a physiotherapist or neck pain specialist in Singapore and get your condition assessed by a medical professional. What Are Other Red Flags to Worry About? Make sure that you check for these things whenever you feel neck pain and seek immediate medical attention:
- A severe headache that comes and goes
- Dizziness, nausea, or vomiting with unexplained causes
- Mystery fevers or chills
- Severe or throbbing pain, which can be caused by an artery tear and is often one of the risk factors for stroke
- Problems with balance or coordination
- Tingling, numbness or weakness in arms or legs
When is Neck Pain Merely Just Neck Pain? Stiff necks are very rarely serious. It’s sometimes simply caused by sleeping on the wrong side of the bed. Most of the time, acute neck pains lasts less than 4 weeks. However, when your pain lasts for more than 4 weeks, it could indicate a chronic problem and would require medical treatment and assistance to alleviate the pain. Visit a physio clinic in Singapore and seek a physiotherapist’s professional guidance to assess your condition and receive effective treatments for it. You can also seek medical care from a neck pain specialist in Singapore if your pain persists or continues to interfere with your everyday activities. Your healthcare professional may ask questions pertaining to the pain and any other symptoms experienced, your nature of work, posture and sleeping positions, and any recent or old injuries to have a better understanding of your condition.
Experiencing neck pain? Click here to find out more about physiotherapy for neck pain relief and how Core Concepts can help
Related and Popular Articles
- Snapping Ankle - Physiotherapy
- Labour Epidural Cause Chronic Backache?
- The Best Exercises for Trochanteric Bursitis
- Posterior Pelvic Pain (Sacroiliac Joint Pain) in Pregnant Women
- How do I know if I have scoliosis?
- Diastasis Recti Abdominis - Conditions
- Cobb Angle and Scoliosis
- Maybe it isn't Plantar Fasciitis but Heel Fat Pad Syndrome
- What to do when your back hurts so much that you can't get out of bed?
- Multifidus - Smallest Yet Most Powerful Muscle
- Nerve Stretches
- Shoulder Pain - Frequently Asked Questions
- 'Clunking' Shoulders - Part I
- Waking up with neck pain? Find the right pillow.
- Not All Pain In the Back Is Back Pain - It Could Be Rib Pain
- MCL strain not getting better? Because it is Pes Ancerinus Tendinitis.
- Slipped Disc in Singapore - What to Do and Avoid
- Better to break a bone than to tear a ligament or tendon
- Knee Joint & Ankle Pain - Specialist Treatment in Singapore
- Acromion Clavicle Joint - Another source of shoulder pain
- Sway Back No More
- Knock Knees - Can I reverse it? (Part 1)
- Sway back posture: A leading poor posture type causing back pain
- Posterior Capsule stretches