Experiencing Neck Pain? Physiotherapy Helps Neck Pain Conditions
Neck Pain: You’re not alone
Are you experiencing neck pain conditions? Neck pain is common and affects 1 in 3 people each year. It is not unusual that numerous people experience similar neck pains. Sleeping in an awkward position or working on a computer for a prolonged period would result in a stiff or sore neck and may lead to further neck pain and complications.
With the ever-increasing usage and dependency on mobile devices, people tend to suffer from a unique condition called “Text Neck”, resulting in constant neck pain and discomfort. Neck pain symptoms are usually harmless and resolve by itself with proper care, however, there is a chance that it may escalate into something more serious if the behaviour causing the neck pain is not corrected. If you are experiencing neck pain, it is important to seek treatment or further advice from a certified doctor or physiotherapist before the issue deteriorates.
Get Better and Stay Better.
Stiff and Sore Neck Pain Relief with our physiotherapists.
- Cervicogenic Headaches related to pain in your neck
- Whiplash neck pain that results from an injury
- Cervical Spondylosis Symptoms
What is Neck Pain Physiotherapy?
Physiotherapy is the treatment of injury, disease, and disorders through physical methods such as exercises, massage, and other treatments. Physiotherapy does not include any medication or surgery to help alleviate patient issues but can refer you to a specialist if necessary.
A physiotherapist can alleviate these pains through a plethora of treatment techniques to restore, maintain, and help prevent impediments towards the patient’s mobility, function, and well-being.
How can Physiotherapy help with Neck Pain?
Experiencing neck pain that lasts for more than a few weeks can be a hindrance to your daily activity. Some activities such as turning your head to check the side mirror while driving can be a daily pain. Apart from the physical toll on your body, living in constant pain can also impact your mental wellbeing negatively. A physiotherapist will be able to accurately diagnose the root cause of your neck pain, relieve the immediate pain and come up with a treatment plan to ensure that the pain does not recur. This will ensure that you will be able to get back to normal functioning levels as quickly as possible.
Why Choose Core Concepts Singapore for Physiotherapy?
Established in 2003, we are the largest private physiotherapy group in Singapore. At Core Concepts, our team of professional multi-speciality physiotherapists together with sports massage therapists, functional trainers and pilates instructors work together to provide a holistic rehabilitation journey for our clients.
We’re firm believers in ‘The Thinking Physiotherapist’. Our first step, in any case, is to determine the cause of the problem and unlock and resolve the multiple layers of pain you feel. Instead of simply temporarily relieving your pain symptoms, we aim to fix the underlying cause. From there, we work to ensure that your pain doesn’t return by making sure that your body is better, stronger and more functional to prevent a recurrence of your problem.
At Core Concepts Singapore, we’re committed to helping you Get Better and Stay Better.
What to expect during your first Neck Pain physiotherapy appointment?
During your first session, your physiotherapist will find out more about your neck pain and assess to accurately diagnose the cause of your neck pain. After determining the cause of your neck pain, your physiotherapist will help to relieve the pain and come up with a treatment plan that best suits your lifestyle and treatment goals. Our objective is to resolve the root cause of your pain to prevent a recurrence of the problem.
You do not require a doctor’s referral to make an appointment with us. No x-rays are required as well, but if you have had one done – feel free to bring them along for your appointment. We provide a comfortable change of clothes at our clinics as well for those of you who may be coming from work.
Your first session will be 45 minutes long, subsequent sessions will be 30 minutes long. The number of sessions required depends on your condition and treatment goals which would be discussed with your physiotherapist during your initial consultation. Each session is $135 (before GST) and you can claim the cost from your insurance provider if your coverage includes physiotherapy treatment. Do contact your insurance provider for further details as each individual’s coverage differs.
Related and Popular Articles
- Snapping Ankle - Physiotherapy
- Labour Epidural Cause Chronic Backache?
- Best Hip Pain Exercises for Trochanteric Bursitis
- Posterior Pelvic Pain (Sacroiliac Joint Pain) in Pregnant Women
- How do I know if I have scoliosis?
- Diastasis Recti Abdominis - Conditions
- Cobb Angle and Scoliosis
- Maybe it isn't Plantar Fasciitis but Heel Fat Pad Syndrome
- What to do when your back hurts so much that you can't get out of bed?
- Multifidus - Smallest Yet Most Powerful Muscle
- Nerve Stretches
- Shoulder Pain - Frequently Asked Questions
- 'Clunking' Shoulders - Part I
- Waking up with neck pain? Find the right pillow.
- Not All Pain In the Back Is Back Pain - It Could Be Rib Pain
- MCL strain not getting better? Because it is Pes Ancerinus Tendinitis.
- Slipped Disc in Singapore - What to Do and Avoid
- Better to break a bone than to tear a ligament or tendon
- Knee Joint & Ankle Pain - Specialist Treatment in Singapore
- Acromion Clavicle Joint - Another source of shoulder pain
- Sway Back No More
- Knock Knees - Can I reverse it? (Part 1)
- Sway back posture: A leading poor posture type causing back pain
- Posterior Capsule stretches