Ladies: Don’t Postpone Knee-replacement Surgery
Is getting new knees on your list of New Year's resolutions?Research at the University of Delaware indicates that women wait longer to pursue knee-replacement surgery than men do.
By postponing surgery until they can no longer stand the pain, these women may also risk putting their mobility, and quality of life, on hold indefinitely, according to Lynn Snyder-Mackler, Distinguished Alumni Professor in UD's Department of Physical Therapy and a certified sports physical therapist and athletic trainer.
Read the rest of the article here
15 Popular Articles That You May Find Interesting
- What is Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction (SPD)
- Slipped disc – Do’s and don’ts
- Waking up with neck pain? Try this.
- Posterior Pelvic Pain (Sacroiliac Joint Pain) in Pregnant Women
- Snapping Ankle
- Multifidus – Smallest Yet Most Powerful Muscle
- Maybe it’s not Plantarfasciitis but Heel Fat Pad Syndrome
- Better to Break a Bone then to Tear a Ligament or Tendon
- Cobb Angle and Scoliosis
- Nerve Stretches
- What to do when your back hurts so much that you can’t get out of bed?
- How do I know if I have scoliosis?
- Choosing the Right Knee Support
- Why is my MCL strain not getting better? Because it is Pes Ancerinus Tendinitis.
- How to prevent ankle sprains from happening … again