Ladies: Don’t Postpone Knee-replacement Surgery
Is getting new knees on your list of New Year's resolutions?Research at the University of Delaware indicates that women wait longer to pursue knee-replacement surgery than men do.
By postponing surgery until they can no longer stand the pain, these women may also risk putting their mobility, and quality of life, on hold indefinitely, according to Lynn Snyder-Mackler, Distinguished Alumni Professor in UD's Department of Physical Therapy and a certified sports physical therapist and athletic trainer.
Read the rest of the article here
15 Popular Articles That You May Find Interesting
- The Best Exercises for Trochanteric Bursitis
- Slipped disc – Do’s and don’ts
- What is Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction (SPD)
- Cobb Angle and Scoliosis
- Waking up with neck pain? Try this.
- Multifidus – Smallest Yet Most Powerful Muscle
- Sacroiliac Joint Pain or Posterior Pelvic Pain in Pregnant Women
- Nerve Stretches
- Better to Break a Bone Than to Tear a Ligament or Tendon
- Snapping Ankle
- Maybe it’s not Plantarfasciitis but Heel Fat Pad Syndrome
- ‘Clunking’ Shoulders – Part I
- Why is my MCL strain not getting better? Because it is Pes Ancerinus Tendinitis.
- How to prevent ankle sprains from happening … again
- Another source for shoulder pain: Could it be the AC joint?