Inflight Exercises – 7 Exercises To Do On A Flight
|1. Neck movements|
In sitting, bring your head backward and forward with chin tuck in. Then bend your head
|2. Shoulder rolls|
In sitting, roll your shoulders backward 10 times and repeat it in forward direction.
Sitting upright, reach the right arm across the body. Slowly turn the trunk and head as far to the
|4. Ankle pumps|
In sitting, move your ankles up and down. Repeat it for 30 times.
|5. Heel and toe raises|
In standing, first stand on the ball of your feet and tiptoe. When returning to neutral, shift your
|6. Back Arch|
In standing, place your hands on your pelvis and slowly bend your back backward. Repeat 10 times.
Getting out of the seat for frequent walks will help to prevent dangerous blood clots (deep vein thrombosis). Some of the exercises may not be suitable if you have history of neck or back pain. Hence, please consult your physician or physiotherapist for advice.
Enjoy your flight!
Related Articles That You May Find Interesting
Popular Articles That You May Find Interesting
- Snapping Ankle - Physiotherapy
- Labour Epidural Cause Chronic Backache?
- The Best Exercises for Trochanteric Bursitis
- Posterior Pelvic Pain (Sacroiliac Joint Pain) in Pregnant Women
- How do I know if I have scoliosis?
- Diastasis Recti Abdominis - Conditions
- Cobb Angle and Scoliosis
- Maybe it isn't Plantar Fasciitis but Heel Fat Pad Syndrome
- What to do when your back hurts so much that you can't get out of bed?
- Multifidus - Smallest Yet Most Powerful Muscle
- Nerve Stretches
- Shoulder Pain - Frequently Asked Questions
- 'Clunking' Shoulders - Part I
- Waking up with neck pain? Find the right pillow.
- Not All Pain In the Back Is Back Pain - It Could Be Rib Pain
- MCL strain not getting better? Because it is Pes Ancerinus Tendinitis.
- Slipped Disc in Singapore - What to Do and Avoid
- Better to break a bone than to tear a ligament or tendon
- Knee Joint & Ankle Pain - Specialist Treatment in Singapore
- Acromion Clavicle Joint - Another source of shoulder pain
- Sway Back No More
- Knock Knees - Can I reverse it? (Part 1)
- Sway back posture: A leading poor posture type causing back pain
- Posterior Capsule stretches