How Can a Physio Help With Back Pain?
Going for physiotherapy in Singapore is invaluable when it comes to dealing with all sorts of physical injuries, aches, and pains. Your back, in particular, will be properly treated when you visit a physiotherapist for lower or upper back pain treatment in Singapore.
With expertise in the areas of musculoskeletal, neurological and cardiovascular, physiotherapists can apply manual therapy and a wide range of techniques to help you regain any lost mobility or relieve any aches or pains. This also includes making assessments and providing the necessary advice to address your back pain. For example, if you work in front of the computer for long hours every day, your physiotherapist can help give you the right tips on how to correct your posture or adjust your workstation so reduce physical strains.
Taking Care Of Your Back
Of course, prevention is always better than cure.
Below, you’ll find tips on how to minimise lower back or upper back pain:
- Try to learn how to be flexible – Flexibility matters a lot when it comes to your spine. The more limited your movement is, the more load and stress there is placed on your body, especially on your lower back and neck. Too much tightness and tension can lead to back pain. When you increase flexibility, you are able to put an equal load distributed throughout the body. One good exercise is to lean forward and give your hamstrings a stretch while maintaining your back in a neutral position.
- Get moving – Back and posture problems are not uncommon. One of the reasons is caused by the long hours spent daily sitting in front of a computer. If you work in front of a desk, avoid sitting for too long and change up your position. Get up every now and then to stretch tight muscles and allow them to relax. When you stand, place equal weight on both feet. You can also place a small cushion on your chair to maintain the back’s natural curve, and sit in a chair with armrests to relieve pressure in your shoulders and back.
- Don’t forget to rest in the right way – Getting an adequate amount of rest is important and so is the sleeping position you are in. When you sleep in a poor position or without enough support, it can cause back pain. Those who sleep on their sides can place pillows between the knees to help keep the spine in a neutral position. For back sleepers, they can put pillows under the knees. Avoid sleeping on the stomach that causes the neck and head to twist, thus putting undue stress on the back.
While prevention is always key, it is not always a guarantee that you can certainly avoid back pain. If you are experiencing back pain, visit a physiotherapist for lower or upper back pain treatment in Singapore. They will perform an assessment and are equipped to help you deal with your back problem, reduce pain and improve your general health.
Experiencing back pain? Click here to find out more about physiotherapy for back pain relief and how Core Concepts can help
- Doctor or Physio – Who Should You See?
- The Benefits Of Seeing A Physiotherapist
- When Should You See A Physiotherapist?
- How To Enhance Your Health And Age Well
- Can Physiotherapy Help Improve Your Sleep?
- When to Worry About seeking Back Pain Treatment and When Not To
- Physiotherapy for Knee Pain Problems
- “Why Am I Not Getting Better With Repeated Traction Or Decompression Therapy For Back Pain?”
- Minimising Work-Related Back Pain
- Using Physiotherapy to Resolve Back Pain Conditions and Causes
- Back Pain Relief for when your back hurts so much you can’t get out of bed
- Back Pain In Pregnancy – The Best Treatment Methods
- What To Do In Case of a Sports Injury
- Ergonomical Problems Like Back And Neck Pains Cost Singapore $3.5 Billion A Year
- Pains of Pregnancy – Low Back Pain
- What Are The Most Common Causes Of Back Pain?
- Physiotherapy Treatment Options for Low Back Pain (Part I)
- Aches and Pains of Chinese New Year
- Physiotherapy for Knee Osteoarthritis
- 4 Signs That You May Not Be Ready For Yoga