Low Back Pain Risks For Competitive Youths
A recent study published in the American Journal of Sports Medicine by researchers from the Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Tsukuba in Japan found that excessive exposure to competitive sports activities during youth was associated with low back pain and symptoms in the lower extremities, with the severity varying with the sport.
The researchers suggested that, to reduce it amongst youths, factors that may be causing it, such as sport-specific postures and motions, thought these suggestions need to be investigated.
Experiencing back pain? Click here to find out more about physiotherapy for back pain relief and how Core Concepts can help
- Relationship between low back pain and competitive sports activities during youth., Am J Sports Med. 2010 Apr;38(4):791-6. Epub 2010 Jan 5.
- TENS – Not Effective For Chronic Low Back Pain According To Latest Guidelines
- Low Back Pain (LBP) Explained By Dr Mike Evans
- Lumbar Supports Not Particularly Effective For Low Back Pain
- Back Pain Relief for when your back hurts so much you can’t get out of bed
- Resolving Low Back Pain – A Kinetic Chain Approach
- Not All Pain In the Back Is Back Pain – It Could Be Rib Pain
- When to Worry About seeking Back Pain Treatment and When Not To
- “Why Am I Not Getting Better With Repeated Traction Or Decompression Therapy For Back Pain?”
- Pains of Pregnancy – Low Back Pain
- Back Pain And The Rib Cage: A Case Study
- How Can a Physio Help With Back Pain?
- Back Pain Due To A Vertebrae Fracture?
- Chronic Low Back Pain – The Psychological Factors
- Referred Pain: Where Is The Source Of The Pain?
- Labour Epidural Cause Chronic Back Pain?
- Yoga good for Lower Back Pain?
- Ergonomical Problems Like Back And Neck Pains Cost Singapore $3.5 Billion A Year
- All you need to know about Achilles Tendinopathy
- Why Are You So Guarded About Your Pain?
- Different Compensation Strategies During Jogging By Low Back Pain Sufferers