Six food types form the fundamentals for providing required amounts of carbohydrate, protein, fat, vitamins, and minerals in a good healthy diet. The Food Pyramid is a guide for selecting the proportions of these six food types.
Following the Food Pyramid will not provide the body with adequate amounts of water to prevent dehydration. Drinking additional fluids is required.
High carbohydrate foods make up the largest component of the Food Pyramid guide include grains-legumes, fruits, and vegetables.
High protein foods are included in smaller amounts in the Food Pyramid. These food consists of lean cuts of meat, including beef, chicken, clams, eggs, fish, lamb, oysters, pork, turkey, or veal, and low fat milk products.
High protein food
Lean cuts of meat
Low fat milk products
Refined fats-sweets are included in small amounts at the tip of the Food Pyramid. Nuts and seeds are also included in this category because they are high in fat, but they also contain some protein and carbohydrate.
Source: flicker orangeacid
Related and Popular Articles
- Snapping Ankle - Physiotherapy
- Labour Epidural Cause Chronic Backache?
- The Best Exercises for Trochanteric Bursitis
- Posterior Pelvic Pain (Sacroiliac Joint Pain) in Pregnant Women
- How do I know if I have scoliosis?
- Diastasis Recti Abdominis - Conditions
- Cobb Angle and Scoliosis
- Maybe it isn't Plantar Fasciitis but Heel Fat Pad Syndrome
- What to do when your back hurts so much that you can't get out of bed?
- Multifidus - Smallest Yet Most Powerful Muscle
- Nerve Stretches
- Shoulder Pain - Frequently Asked Questions
- 'Clunking' Shoulders - Part I
- Waking up with neck pain? Find the right pillow.
- Not All Pain In the Back Is Back Pain - It Could Be Rib Pain
- MCL strain not getting better? Because it is Pes Ancerinus Tendinitis.
- Slipped Disc in Singapore - What to Do and Avoid
- Better to break a bone than to tear a ligament or tendon
- Knee Joint & Ankle Pain - Specialist Treatment in Singapore
- Acromion Clavicle Joint - Another source of shoulder pain
- Sway Back No More
- Knock Knees - Can I reverse it? (Part 1)
- Sway back posture: A leading poor posture type causing back pain
- Posterior Capsule stretches