Six food types form the fundamentals for providing required amounts of carbohydrate, protein, fat, vitamins, and minerals in a good healthy diet. The Food Pyramid is a guide for selecting the proportions of these six food types.
Following he Food Pyramid will not provide the body with adequate amounts of water to prevent dehydration. Drinking additional fluids is required.
High carbohydrate foods make up the largest component of the Food Pyramid guide include grains-legumes, fruits, and vegetables.
High protein foods are included in smaller amounts in the Food Pyramid. These food consists of lean cuts of meat, including beef, chicken, clams, eggs, fish, lamb, oysters, pork, turkey, or veal, and low fat milk products.
High protein food
Lean cuts of meat
Low fat milk products
Refined fats-sweets are included in small amounts at the tip of the Food Pyramid. Nuts and seeds are also included in this category because they are high in fat, but they also contain some protein and carbohydrate.
Source: flicker orangeacid
15 Popular Articles That You May Find Interesting
- What is Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction (SPD)
- Slipped disc – Do’s and don’ts
- The Best Exercises for Trochanteric Bursitis
- Waking up with neck pain? Try this.
- Sacroiliac Joint Pain or Posterior Pelvic Pain in Pregnant Women
- Cobb Angle and Scoliosis
- Maybe it’s not Plantarfasciitis but Heel Fat Pad Syndrome
- Better to Break a Bone then to Tear a Ligament or Tendon
- Snapping Ankle
- Multifidus – Smallest Yet Most Powerful Muscle
- Nerve Stretches
- How do I know if I have scoliosis?
- Labour Epidural Cause Chronic Backache?
- How to prevent ankle sprains from happening … again
- What to do when your back hurts so much that you can’t get out of bed?