Six food types form the fundamentals for providing required amounts of carbohydrate, protein, fat, vitamins, and minerals in a good healthy diet. The Food Pyramid is a guide for selecting the proportions of these six food types.
Following the Food Pyramid will not provide the body with adequate amounts of water to prevent dehydration. Drinking additional fluids is required.
High carbohydrate foods make up the largest component of the Food Pyramid guide include grains-legumes, fruits, and vegetables.
High protein foods are included in smaller amounts in the Food Pyramid. These food consists of lean cuts of meat, including beef, chicken, clams, eggs, fish, lamb, oysters, pork, turkey, or veal, and low fat milk products.
High protein food
Lean cuts of meat
Low fat milk products
Refined fats-sweets are included in small amounts at the tip of the Food Pyramid. Nuts and seeds are also included in this category because they are high in fat, but they also contain some protein and carbohydrate.
Source: flicker orangeacid
- The Good, The Bad And The Ugly Truth On Nutrition For The Growing Athlete
- Sports Recovery Strategies To Improve Your Performance (Part 2- Fundamental Strategies)
- Tips For A Healthy Ramadan
- Impact Of Medical Information On The Internet
- Cycling Recovery Strategies: All You Need to Know as a Cyclist
- Bid Goodbye to Cycling Injuries
- Aches and Pains of Chinese New Year
- Core Concepts Now On AllTop.com
- Playing On Artificial Turf
- Supplements Or Exercise For Osteoporosis?
- Repetitive Strain Injuries – Are You A Victim Of It?
- Osteoarthritis: All your burning questions answered by a physiotherapist (Part 2)
- Soft Tissue Work?
- To Stretch Or Not To Stretch Before An Event?
- Well-paced in the Fast-paced Workplace
- Weak Muscles Lead To Bad Posture. So Why Doesn’t A Gym Workout Help?
- Cracking: What Goes ‘Crack’?
- Low Back Pain: Prevention Is Not Cure
- Top 3 Ergonomic Risk-Factors
- Techniques to Ease Neck Pain On Your Own