Simple Exercises For Plantar Fasciitis Sufferers
In an earlier post, we discussed on what plantar fasciitis is about, including the causes, symptoms and treatment options available. If you think you might be sufferring from plantar fasciitis, read on and find out more about the exercises that you can do to help ease the pain in your foot!
Experiencing foot and ankle pain? Click here to find out more about physiotherapy for foot and ankle pain relief and how Core Concepts can help
Plantar Fascia Stretch
Pull your toes towards you with your foot pointed up till you feel a slight stretch on the sole of the foot. Do this daily for 3 sets of 10 repetitions holding each stretch for 15 seconds.
Upper Calf Stretch
To stretch the upper calf muscle (gastrocnemius)on the painful side, stand in a stance position with the painful leg behind keeping the knee straight and lunge forward till you feel a gentle stretch on your upper calf. Make sure that your shoulders, hips and knees are pointing front. Do this daily for 3 sets of 10 repetitions holding each stretch for 15 seconds.
Lower Calf Stretch
To stretch the lower calf muscle (soleus)on the painful side, stand in a stance position with the painful leg behind keeping the knee slightly bent and lunge forward till you feel a gentle stretch on your lower calf. Make sure that your shoulders, hips and knees are pointing front. Do this daily for 3 sets of 10 repetitions holding each stretch for 15 seconds.
Intrinsic Foot Muscles Strengthening
Grasp a piece of towel with your toes and slowly try to pick it up. Do this daily for 3 sets of 20 repetitions daily.
Related and Popular Articles
- Snapping Ankle - Physiotherapy
- Labour Epidural Cause Chronic Backache?
- The Best Exercises for Trochanteric Bursitis
- Posterior Pelvic Pain (Sacroiliac Joint Pain) in Pregnant Women
- How do I know if I have scoliosis?
- Diastasis Recti Abdominis - Conditions
- Cobb Angle and Scoliosis
- Maybe it isn't Plantar Fasciitis but Heel Fat Pad Syndrome
- What to do when your back hurts so much that you can't get out of bed?
- Multifidus - Smallest Yet Most Powerful Muscle
- Nerve Stretches
- Shoulder Pain - Frequently Asked Questions
- 'Clunking' Shoulders - Part I
- Waking up with neck pain? Find the right pillow.
- Not All Pain In the Back Is Back Pain - It Could Be Rib Pain
- MCL strain not getting better? Because it is Pes Ancerinus Tendinitis.
- Slipped Disc in Singapore - What to Do and Avoid
- Better to break a bone than to tear a ligament or tendon
- Knee Joint & Ankle Pain - Specialist Treatment in Singapore
- Acromion Clavicle Joint - Another source of shoulder pain
- Sway Back No More
- Knock Knees - Can I reverse it? (Part 1)
- Sway back posture: A leading poor posture type causing back pain
- Posterior Capsule stretches