Simple Exercises For Plantar Fasciitis Sufferers
In an earlier post, we discussed on what plantar fasciitis is about, including the causes, symptoms and treatment options available. If you think you might be suffering from plantar fasciitis, read on and find out more about the exercises that you can do to help ease the pain in your foot!
Plantar Fascia Stretch
Pull your toes towards you with your foot pointed up till you feel a slight stretch on the sole of the foot. Do this daily for 3 sets of 10 repetitions holding each stretch for 15 seconds.
Upper Calf Stretch
To stretch the upper calf muscle (gastrocnemius)on the painful side, stand in a stance position with the painful leg behind keeping the knee straight and lunge forward till you feel a gentle stretch on your upper calf. Make sure that your shoulders, hips and knees are pointing front. Do this daily for 3 sets of 10 repetitions holding each stretch for 15 seconds.
Lower Calf Stretch
To stretch the lower calf muscle (soleus)on the painful side, stand in a stance position with the painful leg behind keeping the knee slightly bent and lunge forward till you feel a gentle stretch on your lower calf. Make sure that your shoulders, hips and knees are pointing front. Do this daily for 3 sets of 10 repetitions holding each stretch for 15 seconds.
Intrinsic Foot Muscles Strengthening
Grasp a piece of towel with your toes and slowly try to pick it up. Do this daily for 3 sets of 20 repetitions daily.
Experiencing foot and ankle pain? Click here to find out more about physiotherapy for foot and ankle pain relief and how Core Concepts can help
- Plantar Fasciitis? Stretching seems to do the trick
- Heel pain? Here’s all you need to know.
- Plantar Fasciitis – Pain In The Heel!
- Sports Taping for Plantar Fasciitis
- Useful Tips To Being Able Run Pain-Free
- Running: Stretches For New Runners For Better Performance
- Do I Need Arch-Supports?
- Maybe it’s not Plantarfasciitis but Heel Fat Pad Syndrome
- Experiencing Foot Pain? Physiotherapy for Foot Pain
- Best Hip Pain Exercises for Trochanteric Bursitis
- Top 5 Office Exercises
- 5 Common Running Injuries to Avoid
- Exercises to Prevent Wrist Injuries
- Common Cycling Injuries in Singapore: What They Are and How to Fix Them
- Understanding Midportion Achilles Tendinopathy
- How Do I Recover From My Achilles Pain?
- Warning! Is This How You Stretch Your Hamstring?
- Hip Exercises And Stretches
- Elderly Balance Better After Foot Massages
- Piriformis Syndrome – Sciatica