Chronic Pain Afflicts A Significant Number Of Younger Adults
We generally accept that older adults experience more chronic pain than the younger adults. However, we often don’t realise that the numbers of younger adults are all that low either. A recent study by Gallup-Healthways proves this. It revealed that even young adults below the age of 30 are facing double-digit occurences for Neck, Back, Knee or Leg conditions.
16% of Americans aged 18 to 23 have reported to be experiencing chronic back and neck pain while 13% of younger adults in the same age group have reported to be experiencing chronic knee and leg pain.
Generally defined as pain that persist for longer than 3 months, there is no hard and fast rule with regards to this time periods. A popular alternative definition for it is “pain that extends beyond the expected period of healing”. This definition involves no arbitrarily fixed durations,
Related and Popular Articles
- Snapping Ankle - Physiotherapy
- Labour Epidural Cause Chronic Backache?
- The Best Exercises for Trochanteric Bursitis
- Posterior Pelvic Pain (Sacroiliac Joint Pain) in Pregnant Women
- How do I know if I have scoliosis?
- Diastasis Recti Abdominis - Conditions
- Cobb Angle and Scoliosis
- Maybe it isn't Plantar Fasciitis but Heel Fat Pad Syndrome
- What to do when your back hurts so much that you can't get out of bed?
- Multifidus - Smallest Yet Most Powerful Muscle
- Nerve Stretches
- Shoulder Pain - Frequently Asked Questions
- 'Clunking' Shoulders - Part I
- Waking up with neck pain? Find the right pillow.
- Not All Pain In the Back Is Back Pain - It Could Be Rib Pain
- MCL strain not getting better? Because it is Pes Ancerinus Tendinitis.
- Slipped Disc in Singapore - What to Do and Avoid
- Better to break a bone than to tear a ligament or tendon
- Knee Joint & Ankle Pain - Specialist Treatment in Singapore
- Acromion Clavicle Joint - Another source of shoulder pain
- Sway Back No More
- Knock Knees - Can I reverse it? (Part 1)
- Sway back posture: A leading poor posture type causing back pain
- Posterior Capsule stretches