BMI values DO NOT APPLY TO children, pregnant women, people with muscular build (little body fat) eg athletes, elderly and those who have lost a lot of muscle mass.
Why do I need to know my BMI?
Recent studies have shown that some Asian population, including Singaporeans have higher proportion of body fat
compared to Caucasians of the same age, gender and BMI. The risk for heart disease and diabetes starts from BMI values of 23. The table below shows your risk
15 Popular Articles That You May Find Interesting
- What is Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction (SPD)
- Slipped disc – Do’s and don’ts
- Waking up with neck pain? Try this.
- Posterior Pelvic Pain (Sacroiliac Joint Pain) in Pregnant Women
- The Best Exercises for Trochanteric Bursitis
- Cobb Angle and Scoliosis
- Better to Break a Bone then to Tear a Ligament or Tendon
- Snapping Ankle
- Maybe it’s not Plantarfasciitis but Heel Fat Pad Syndrome
- Multifidus – Smallest Yet Most Powerful Muscle
- Labour Epidural Cause Chronic Backache?
- How do I know if I have scoliosis?
- What to do when your back hurts so much that you can’t get out of bed?
- Choosing the Right Knee Support
- Why is my MCL strain not getting better? Because it is Pes Ancerinus Tendinitis.