BMI values DO NOT APPLY TO children, pregnant women, people with muscular build (little body fat) eg athletes, elderly and those who have lost a lot of muscle mass.
Why do I need to know my BMI?
Recent studies have shown that some Asian population, including Singaporeans have higher proportion of body fat
compared to Caucasians of the same age, gender and BMI. The risk for heart disease and diabetes starts from BMI values of 23. The table below shows your risk
15 Popular Articles That You May Find Interesting
- The Best Exercises for Trochanteric Bursitis
- Slipped disc – Do’s and don’ts
- Waking up with neck pain? Try this.
- Sacroiliac Joint Pain or Posterior Pelvic Pain in Pregnant Women
- What is Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction (SPD)
- Cobb Angle and Scoliosis
- Multifidus – Smallest Yet Most Powerful Muscle
- Nerve Stretches
- Maybe it’s not Plantarfasciitis but Heel Fat Pad Syndrome
- Snapping Ankle
- The disabled throwing shoulder- The “Dead Arm”
- Better to Break a Bone Than to Tear a Ligament or Tendon
- Why is my MCL strain not getting better? Because it is Pes Ancerinus Tendinitis.
- Labour Epidural Cause Chronic Backache?
- Inversion Ankle Sprain