Using Physiotherapy to Resolve Back Pain Conditions and Causes
Back Pain: More Common Than You Think
Are you experiencing Back Pain? As many as 80% of all adults in the world have experienced back pain at least once in their life. Not surprisingly, the most common type of pain people experience is back related. The increasing trend of back pain cases can be attributed to over usage of technology as well as sedentary lifestyles, especially more so for desk-bound workers.
With an average of 8 to 9 hours spent at the desk in suboptimal posture and uncomfortable positions, aches and pain are inevitable. Apart from aches and pains from poor posture, there are also instances of back pain whereby medical attention is needed in order to prevent the condition from worsening.
Get Better and Stay Better.
Resolve your Back Pain Condition with our team of Physiotherapists.
Common Conditions of Back Pain
- Slipped Disc Back Condition
- Scoliosis Back pain
- Pinched Nerve Lower Back Pain
- Spondylosis Spine Condition
- Sciatica Nerve Pain
- Sports Injury – Strain on back muscles
What is Back Pain Physiotherapy?
The physiotherapy field is the treatment of injury, disease, and disorders through methods such as back pain exercises, massage therapy, and other treatments. Physiotherapy services do not include any medication or surgery but our physiotherapists are able to refer you to a specialist if necessary.
A physiotherapist can alleviate these pains through a plethora of treatment techniques to restore, maintain, and help prevent impediments towards the patient’s mobility, function, and well-being.
How can Physiotherapy help with resolving back pain?
Having back pain that lasts for more than a few weeks can be a hindrance to your daily activity. Simple things such as bending over to pick something off the floor can become seemingly difficult. Apart from the physical toll on your body, living in constant pain can also impact your mental wellbeing negatively.
A physiotherapist will be able to accurately diagnose the root cause of your back pain, relieve the immediate pain, and come up with a treatment plan to ensure that the pain does not recur. This can consist of exercises or manual therapy. This will ensure that you will be able to get back to normal functioning levels as quickly as possible.
Why Choose Us?
Established in 2003, we are the largest private physiotherapy group in Singapore. At Core Concepts Singapore, our team of multi-speciality physiotherapists together with sports massage therapists, functional trainers and pilates instructors work together to provide a holistic rehabilitation journey for our clients.
We’re firm believers in ‘The Thinking Physiotherapist’. Our first step, in any case, is to determine the cause of the problem and unlock and resolve the multiple layers of pain you feel. Instead of simply temporarily relieving your pain symptoms, we aim to fix the underlying cause. From there, we work to ensure that your pain doesn’t return by making sure that your body is better, stronger and more functional to prevent a recurrence of your problem.
At Core Concepts Singapore, we’re committed to helping you Get Better and Stay Better.
What to expect during your first physiotherapy appointment
During your first session, your physiotherapist will find out more about your back pain condition and perform an assessment to accurately diagnose the cause of your back pain. After determining the cause of your back pain, your physiotherapist will help to relieve the pain and come up with a treatment plan that best suits your lifestyle and treatment goals. Our objective is to resolve the root cause of your back pain so as to prevent a recurrence of the problem.
You do not require a doctor’s referral to make an appointment with us. No x-rays are required as well, but if you have had one done – feel free to bring them along for your appointment. We provide a comfortable change of clothes at our clinics as well for those of you who may be coming from work.
Your first session and subsequent sessions will be 30 minutes long. The number of sessions required depends on your condition and treatment goals which would be discussed with your physiotherapist during your initial consultation. Each session is $135 (before GST) and you are able to claim the cost from your insurance provider if your coverage includes physiotherapy treatment. Do contact your insurance provider for further details as each individual’s coverage differs.
- How Can a Physio Help With Back Pain?
- Minimising Work-Related Back Pain
- When to Worry About seeking Back Pain Treatment and When Not To
- Low Back Pain (LBP) Explained By Dr Mike Evans
- Resolving Low Back Pain – A Kinetic Chain Approach
- What Are The Most Common Causes Of Back Pain?
- Chronic Pain Afflicts A Significant Number Of Younger Adults
- Back Pain Care at Home: 3 Tips from a Physiotherapist
- Shoulder pain in office workers
- Back Pain Relief for when your back hurts so much you can’t get out of bed
- Yoga good for Lower Back Pain?
- Signs If Your Neck Pain Is Serious Or Not
- TENS – Not Effective For Chronic Low Back Pain According To Latest Guidelines
- Low Back Pain Risks For Competitive Youths
- Common Causes of Neck and Shoulder Pain
- Back Pain Due To A Vertebrae Fracture?
- How to give Massages for Neck, Back and Shoulder Pain
- “Why Am I Not Getting Better With Repeated Traction Or Decompression Therapy For Back Pain?”
- Best Ways To Avoid And Treat Tech-Neck Symptoms
- Physiotherapy Treatment Options for Low Back Pain (Part I)