The Spinal Scoliosis division is a distinct area of focus. While it part of the spine, the scoliosis condition requires more specialised training and approach than regular physiotherapy. We use the SpineCor approach for idiopathic scoliosis.
Core Concepts is the first private centre in Singapore to be an accredited SpineCor® Physiotherapy Training Centre.
If you have a child or an adult with scoliosis who is considering non-surgical approaches to idiopathic scoliosis, SpineCor® bracing may be the solution for you. Aside from surgery, bracing is considered the next most viable form of treatment for scoliosis.
Compared to traditional rigid braces that can be uncomfortable to wear, SpineCor® is a flexible dynamic brace is softer to touch and more comfortable to wear. SpineCor also aims to do more that simply stop the progression of scoliosis. It aims to reduce the severity of the curve.
To learn more and better the understand the condition and the treatments options available, read:
Complimentary Assessment and Advisory
If you suspect or think that your child or teenager has a scoliosis, a curved or crooked spine, do drop by for a complimentary assessment if it is indeed scoliosis, and advisory on what can be done.
Are you confused about what you should do for scoliosis? If these are some of the questions that are troubling you, a complimentary assessment will help put your mind on the right path.
- Does my child have scoliosis or not?
- Will the curve worsens?
- Is there a chance my child’s spine straighten?
- It is too early to wear a brace? It is too late to wear a brace?
- Are spinal manipulation useful to straighten the spine?
- How often should my child wear the brace and for how long?
- Is surgery necessary?
- Is waiting and monitoring the best option?
- SpineCor – a non-rigid brace for the treatment of idiopathic scoliosis: post-treatment results Eur Spine J (2003) 12 :141–148
- SpineCor treatment for Juvenile Idiopathic Scoliosis: SOSORT award 2010 winner Coillard et al. Scoliosis 2010, 5:25
- A new concept for the non-invasive treatment of Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis: The Corrective Movement principle integrated in the
SpineCor System Disability and Rehabilitation: Assistive Technology, May 2008; 3(3): 112 – 119
- The SpineCor Dynamic Corrective Brace – The first and only dynamic corrective brace for Idiopathic Scoliosis
- SpineCor System Overview And Treatment Results
- Effectiveness of the SpineCor brace based on the new standardized criteria proposed by the S.R.S. for adolescent idiopathic scoliosis Journal of Pediatric Orthopaedics, June 2007, P. 375-379
- Survival analysis of a group of 365 idiopathic scoliosis patients treated with the Dynamic SpineCor Brace Résonances Eurospéenes Du Rachis. 14(43):p. 1782-1786. French.
- Standardization of criteria for adolescent idiopathic scoliosis brace studies: SRS Committee on Bracing and Nonoperative Management, Spine, v. 30, no. 18, p. 2068-2075.
- Evaluation of segmental postural characteristics during quiet standing in control and Idiopathic Scoliosis patients, Clin Biomech (Bristol, Avon);20(5): p. 483-490.