Why Badminton Players Get Tennis Elbow?
- Diffuse pain over lateral elbow just below the lateral epicondyle;
- Reduced grip strength;
- Reduced ability to lift a heavy object; or
- In racquet game players, reduced ability to perform a backhand.
- Some people with tennis elbow also experience tingling sensation or numbness spreading over the forearm and hand.
- Therapeutic ultrasound, heat-retaining braces;
- Soft tissue therapies like deep tissue massage, trigger point treatment, myofacial release;
- Stretching of the tight wrist muscles;
- Specific mobilization techniques combined with gripping exercises;
- Taping, corticosteroids injection, and acupuncture are sometimes helpful;
- Neck and nerve mobilization can also be considered if necessary.
- Focus should be put to achieve good control of the wrist to prevent wrist from functioning at extreme ranges, either into extension or flexion;
- Racquet technique needs to be carefully assessed to correct any technical faults, especially wrist arm control in back hand strokes;
- Encouraging gripping that focuses on hand muscles (the Duck grip), rather than gripping that only focuses on forearms muscles (the Finger grip).
You can easily request for a physiotherapy or fitness appointment through any of the 3 convenient ways below with your preferred date, time and clinic location. Our staff will be happy to help allocate you to the first available appointment slot that best fits your convenience.