Sports Taping – Fingers
Recently, there was an article in The Sunday Times on ankle taping, “Injured Ankles Heal Slow”, 2 March 2008. For those of you interested in sports taping, this is a short write up on taping for the fingers. Here the focus is on basketball and netball players who need a certain amount of write flexibility.
Strapping Up for a Game Finger Taping
Players in sports that involve catching of balls such as basketball are prone to sprained finger. Taping fingers helps prevent sprains by buddy-ing up the index and second finger together to provide better support.
1.Place the fingers together(1).
2.Place a 25mm rigid sports taping with the edge just below the first knuckles(2).
3.Pull the tape firm and wrap around the fingers(3).
1.Pinch the tape slightly(1). This allows the tape to overlap neatly over the fingers.
1.Wrap round the finger above the first knuckle(1). There’s no need to pinch the tape here as before.
1.What the taped fingers should look like.
1.Check to ensure that the player is able to bend the fingers slightly. If it is too tight, re-tape with less tension.
15 Popular Articles That You May Find Interesting
- What is Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction (SPD)
- Posterior Pelvic Pain (Sacroiliac Joint Pain) in Pregnant Women
- Waking up with neck pain? Try this.
- Slipped disc – Do’s and don’ts
- Snapping Ankle
- Multifidus – Smallest Yet Most Powerful Muscle
- Cobb Angle and Scoliosis
- Nerve Stretches
- Maybe it’s not Plantarfasciitis but Heel Fat Pad Syndrome
- Better to Break a Bone then to Tear a Ligament or Tendon
- Does Labour Epidural Cause Chronic Backache?
- Choosing the Right Knee Support
- Sway Back No More
- Why is my MCL strain not getting better? Because it is Pes Ancerinus Tendinitis.
- 5th Metatarsal Fractures
You can easily request for a physiotherapy or fitness appointment through any of the 3 convenient ways below with your preferred date, time and clinic location. Our staff will be happy to help allocate you to the first available appointment slot that best fits your convenience.